thirty-six

Surprise!

-

Harrys POV

When she told me she wanted to walk around the city for hours, I was completely lost. Now that we were here, I understood what she meant. She wanted to admire the city, the same way I admired her. She wanted to see the beauty and simplicity within all this chaos, just like she was the beauty and simplicity that was the chaos of my life and my own head.

We walked around for about an hour, just looking at all the buildings around us and talking about random things that came into our minds. She spotted a small art gallery and basically dragged me inside to look at the tiny shop. When we got inside, it had a sense of comfort. It was quite an odd feeling, so at ease in such a foreign place but it reminded me of her. Then again, pretty much everything reminded me of her at this point.

We walked around and looked at the artwork that had been placed on the walls and in the middle of the room. Wait let me rephrase that, Angel looked at the artwork whilst I didn't pay any mind to it. All my attention was on her. Everything she did somehow kept me mesmerized. She simply breathed and I was completely blown away.

"What do you think of this one?" she asks me, stopping in front of a small painting that had been hung in the corner of the room. It seemed to be a splatter of colors in different shapes thrown on a canvas to me but to her, it was so much more.

"It's pretty," I tell her shortly, not really knowing what else to say about it. I wasn't creative or artistic like she was so I couldn't give much of an opinion.

"It reminds me of my grandma," she said softly and I couldn't help but let a faint smile take over my mouth.

"How so?" I ask. Before I could even think, my arms wrapped around her waist from behind. I could tell she wasn't ready for the sudden show of affection in a public place by the way she tensed for a moment but relaxed against me soon after.

"She used to paint abstract things all the time. She would do different features of my face and turn them into completely new art forms. It was amazing," she said dreamily and I could tell the memories were flicking through her mind. Her head was constantly thinking about everything and overanalyzing. I didn't know how she kept up with herself half the time.

"What do you mean 'was'? Why did she stop?" I asked, hoping I wasn't pushing the topic too much. I wanted to know more about her and today was meant to be all about her, so what better time than now?

"I don't know. I guess just over time she gave up on it," Angel shrugged and I simply nodded, deciding not to ask more questions on the subject. We continued around the small gallery slowly.

"So what do you want to do when you leave college?" I asked her as I walk beside her, genuinely curious about what she wanted to do with her life.

"What's with all the questions agent?" she says light-heartedly and I shrugged.

"Just want to know you better Angel. No harm in that right?" I say and I saw a flash of uncertainty come over her. I wanted to know who had hurt her over the years. I wanted to know the reasons why she is the way she is. I knew she was a damaged girl but I was hoping that I could fix her or at least help her get to someone who can. She wasn't broken, just damaged. Damage that was fixable and if given time, could fully heal.

"Y-yeah," she mumbles. I knew something was off and it worried me.

"Hey, you alright love?" I say softly grabbing her wrist gently and she looks up at me, her brown eyes filled with worry and stress.

"Yeah I'm fine why?" she asks and my eyebrows furrow together.

"You're a terrible liar I hope you know that," I inform her and she shrugs.