forty-two

Idk if I need to just put a trigger warning on this whole book at this point but uh yeah another TW

-

It had been two weeks since the break-in and I was finally eating again. I slept a little more each night, especially when Harry made me get up earlier and got to sleep earlier. 

As much as I wanted to sleep all day and fall back into my hole of depression, I knew Harry wouldn't allow that and I was actually grateful I finally had someone to put me out of that state.

It wasn't just Harry thought, it was Willow, Louis and Niall as well. They made sure I ate at least twice a day and made sure to take care of myself. Niall offered to even go get me skincare products from a drugstore and Louis bought me fuzzy socks because "your heart can be cold but I won't allow your feet to be". 

Willow woke me up with a smile every morning, asking if I was okay and asking what I wanted for breakfast. I would often say I wasn't hungry but she insisted I ate because "breakfast is the most importantest meal of the day Laylay". I was so glad I had them all, it was like my little family.

These past two weeks Willow has clung to Harry like bees to honey. She has been attacking him randomly with hugs and constantly wanted to be around him. That makes two of us kid.

Niall and Louis have helped a shit ton around the house. They learned a few recipes on a random website they found, surprisingly not doing too bad of a job. Harry helped them out when they needed it but if it tasted like ass, we just ordered takeaway.

I was sitting on the couch and it was around 12 pm as I was waiting for Harry to come back when I heard banging at the front door. I immediately jumped and started to panic. I looked around and saw Willow wondering into the lounge room.

"Wills come here," I say gently, not wanting to worry her like I was right now. She seemed confused but she quickly obliged. I heard the boy's steps walk down to the front door, opening it a few seconds later. I sat there in silence as Willow played with my hair. 

She always knew how to occupy herself. I heard muttering at the front door but I couldn't make out what they were saying. A few minutes later I heard the front door close and Harry walked in, the two boys following shortly behind. They all seemed to have a deep frown on their faces.

"H, who was tha- Mama?" I stop mid-sentence as my mother suddenly appears behind the boys, a deep annoyed frown on her face. I instantly started to panic inside but I wouldn't show it in front of her.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and she scoffed before walking closer to me.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" she spits and I feel my blood run cold. What did I do this time?

"W-what do you mean? I haven't done anything?" I asked, making sure my voice didn't waver any more than the first time.

"You haven't answered my calls and texts for two weeks Lana. What the fuck have you been doing?" she says angrily and I shiver at her tone. I hated it when she was like this, it never ended well. I felt better that the boys were here but also part of me wished they weren't because they shouldn't have to see me like this with my mother.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to I-" I begin to stutter as I mentally slap myself.

"Didn't mean to?! Who doesn't mean to ignore people for two weeks straight? Let alone their own mother! God you're such a spoilt brat," she begins to insult me but I knew that wasn't where it would stop. I sat there in silence as she continued to spit at me.

"Seriously Lana, you can't do anything right can you? First you sneak off to some party to get completely high and drunk, then you yell at me like I haven't raised you the past 18 years and finally you ignore me for two weeks straight as if I'm some stranger! You are a disappointment," she starts pacing back and forth in the lounge room. This isn't new to me, I was used to her calling me shit like this. Willow sat there, cowering into my side clearly not wanting a part in this.