thirteen

I woke up to the sun shining directly into my eyes and I felt the cold air surround me. I didn't want to open my eyes because I knew the brightness so I tried to use my other senses to bring me back into the real world. I felt the clothes on my skin hug me tightly and the surface beneath me was moving. I knew I wasn't in my bed straight away so I opened my eyes, not caring about the light anymore. I looked around and I realised I was in a car. 

The problem wasn't that I was in a car, the problem was it was Harry's car and I had fallen asleep on top of him. I realised he was still sleeping so I didn't want to move but I leaned down to pick my phone up from the floor. I quickly grabbed it and it read 6 am. I groaned internally because I knew we had to drive back. 

I looked up at Harry's face and admired how peaceful he looked. His eyes were softly closed and his mouth was opened slightly, admitting little snores into the small space of the car. He still had a soft frown on his face, even when he was sound asleep. I realised his arms were draped around my shoulders and waist. I decided it would be best to wake him up before he woke up himself and I had to go through the embarrassment of getting caught staring at him. I sat for a few seconds deciding on how I should wake him.

"Agent," I whispered. Nothing.

"Agent you need to wake up," I say a little louder than a whisper, not wanting to startle him and he doesn't move or make a sound.

"Harry," I say a little more loudly and I heard him groan. He moved under me slightly and I didn't quite understand how we had fallen asleep in such uncomfortable positions.

"Harry," I say louder and I bopped his nose and he moved his arm that was around my shoulder to swat my hand away. I waited a few seconds for him to realise before his eyes shot open and looked around the car. I saw his brain process the events that occurred last night in order for him to get where we are at the moment. He looked down and his eyes met mine and he looked slightly surprised.

"How the fuck did I fall asleep?" he rasped and my stomach did a small flip. I hadn't heard his voice so raspy and I didn't realise it would have such an effect on me.

"You were tired," I said shyly and he looked down at our position. I realised I was still laying on his chest so I quickly sat up, avoiding his legs that were underneath me. He sat there with his eyes closed for a moment, probably trying to shake away the initial tiredness.

"We should get going," he mumbles before jumping out of the car and going around to the driver's seat. I hop out soon after and get in the passenger seat as he starts the car. After a few minutes of silence, it finally broke.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked softly and I shrug, not really knowing how I felt. He sighed before his hand gripped the steering wheel tighter. I looked out the window to my right and I zoned out.

I kept replaying last night in my head over and over. I felt his lips on my skin still and it made me want to rip it off. I felt his hands pinning me down so I couldn't move. I still felt the pressure on my back from where I was pressed against the counter. I tried to touch the area with my hand before I flinched. There was surely a massive bruise there by now. I pulled the visor down and looked in the small mirror. 

I noticed marks were left on my neck and chest from him and I instantly felt sick. I realised I still had Harry's jacket on and for some reason I felt slightly better. I looked at my makeup and by some miracle, it hadn't smudged, only the smallest amount of mascara was under my eyes. My head was a mess but I just ran my fingers through it, realising it would take a lot more than that to tame it. 

I started scratching at the places where the marks were made as if it were to erase them from my skin. As if they were just marks of dirt that I could rub off in an instant, but they weren't. They were stuck on my skin for at least another week, yet for some reason, I didn't stop scratching them. I felt my skin quickly become tender to the feeling and I felt my feelings start to overwhelm me.