fifteen

I woke up to the sound of a crash in the kitchen. I threw on a pair of shorts, not caring what I looked like in case something had gone wrong. I swung my bedroom door open and walked out slightly so I could see the kitchen better. Standing there was Harry, a shocked and scared expression covering his face. I look around at the mess he had made. 

There was flour and sugar everywhere and I tried to hide my smile by placing my fist in front of my mouth. I walked closer to the kitchen and I saw Harry had dropped a plate on the floor and it had broken into three large pieces. I shook my head as a smile crept onto my face at his stupidity.

"Morning," he said with a sheepish smile and my heart started to beat faster.

"Morning," I send him a small smile before looking down at the mess on the floor.

"Before you ask I was trying to make you pancakes and I was about to put a plate on the table ready for you to eat them but then I dropped it and you woke up," he explained and I noticed the slight embarrassment on his face. My heart swooned at the fact he was trying to make pancakes for me but I giggled at his good attempt.

"At least you haven't spilled the batter yet," I shrug.

"Yet?" he asks, a shocked look on his face.

"I never know with you anymore. I could be wearing the flour in a second for all I know," I say and he cracks a smile, sending butterflies to my stomach. I was so happy every time I made him smile because I knew it was hard for people to do. Whenever girls would hit on Harry he would act as if they weren't there. He was very professional yet here he was making a mess whilst trying to make pancakes for me. I crouched down and started picking up the pieces.

"You don't have to do that," Harry said before walking towards me. I picked them up carefully and threw the big pieces into the big.

"I want to help agent," I say with a small smile. He looked as if he wanted to argue but he chose not to.

I helped him finish cleaning the area up whilst he finished cooking the pancakes. We sat down and I looked at the time. It was already 10 am? I hesitated before taking the first bite of my food.

"Oh wow," I say surprised and Harry looks at me.

"Do you like it?" he asks shyly and I turn to face him.

"Are you kidding? Harry these are amazing. I'm impressed," I admit with and smile, earning one from him as well. We continued to eat in comfortable silence.

"So why did you decide to make me pancakes?" I ask Harry as we continued to clean up our plates. He shrugged before answering verbally.

"I don't know I thought it was only fair. I've been kind of a dick the past month and I remember the first thing you cooked for me was pancakes so I decided to give it a go," he said and I grin at the gesture. It was heart-warming to know Harry was trying to be kind, even if he convinced himself prior to the whole situation that he would try his best to keep his distance from me.

Honestly, I didn't want that. Being distant from Harry was lonely yet somehow suffocating because I knew his presence was always there yet I wouldn't be able to do or say anything about it. Once we started talking things got easier. We both became more comfortable, me probably more so than Harry but I didn't mind. This was his job and I was just living my life.

"What are you thinking about?" Harry asked, snapping me out of my trance. I looked to find he had finished the dishes and he was standing with his hands on the edge of the counter.

"Stuff," I answer shortly and he shakes his head.

"I know when something is going through your head. Tell me," he said softly and I looked at him, a little confused about his statement.