fifty-four

Last night was something else.

Everyone didn't end up leaving until about 2 am because Louis insisted they stay. Harry had stopped me drinking early enough that I was pretty fine after a couple of hours but the rest of them kept drinking. I didn't mind all that much to be honest, it just meant I could talk to Harry without any of them being suspicious since they were all far to drunk to notice.

I caught Max staring at me a few times due to the fact that Harry was sending him a look that even made me nervous just from seeing it. Every time Harry tried to talk to Max I stopped him from doing so and thankfully he listened which I was surprised about.

When everyone left, both Harry and I helped Niall and Louis into bed without being too loud so we didn't accidentally wake up Willow. Once they passed out in opposite beds Harry and I made our way into Harry's bed and fell asleep within a matter of minutes.

I woke up with not much of a hangover but my throat was hoarse. I looked over to see both Harry and Willow had already left the bedroom but I was confused because it felt like 8 am. I checked to time and it read 11 am which made more sense so I got up and showered before brushing my teeth and making my way downstairs once I had put some clothes on.

Once I got to the kitchen I realized it was Christmas day and I hadn't heard anything from any of my family. Do I even call them family at this point? Of course my 'parents' I've slowly disowned but my sister hadn't done anything wrong and neither had my Abuela. I hadn't heard from them in a while so I decided I might call them later on.

"Morning," I say when Harry and Willow noticed me. Harry gave me a small tired smile and Willow squealed before running over to me and hugging my legs. She was extra affectionate today, I could already tell.

"Hey," Harry said walking over to me and kissing the top of my head as he gave me a side hug.

"God, get a room!" Niall said dramatically and I hadn't even noticed he was in the room. 

I looked over to see him making his way to the back door. I looked outside to see Louis was already out there with sunglasses and a hat on. Harry flipped off Niall as he walked outside and Niall just laughed before closing the door.

"I need to do something love. Can you watch the eggs for me?" Harry said, pointing to the eggs that were cooking in the frying pan and I nodded without a second thought. 

He kissed my cheek before making his way upstairs. I walked over to the stove and made sure the eggs weren't burning. I was about to speak to Willow when my phone started ringing in my pocket. I answered it without checking it.

"Hello?" I say placing it near my ear as I open the cupboard and grab a glass out.

"Hi, sunshine. Sounding awfully chirpy today," the voice said on the other line and I dropped the glass, shattering it across the floor. I heard Willow scream due to the glass shattering on the floor but I could barely focus on anything but my phone. Oh god no not now.

"Oh dear, you might want to clean that up. Don't want to hurt yourself now do we?" he said and I choked up as Louis and Niall came running inside before Harry was suddenly at the bottom of the stairs.

"Wow, the whole gangs here. Why don't you tell them who you're talking to lovely girl? Oh wait you can't!" he said tauntingly and I heard the boys asking who it was and what was wrong. How the fuck did I forget about him?

"Shut up," I say angrily into the phone.

"Baby we've had this conversation. If you make me angry or tell them you will regret it. Don't want little Willow to get hurt again now would we?" he said mockingly and I let out a shaky breath.