twenty-three

Happy.

Something I hadn't felt in a really really really long time.

These past four days have been the happiest I've been for about the past 10 years. I may not seem happy to the average person because my version of happiness was a lot lower than everyone else's, but it felt good to smile again. To be genuinely enjoying someone's company.

It had only been two days since Niall and Louis found out about Harry and I but they were already warming up to the idea of us. Niall was clearly more invested than Louis was but it was rather cute. I liked them both quite a lot and whilst Harry, Louis and Niall were all extremely different, they seemed to fit together perfectly. They balanced each other out.

Niall was the overly happy, loud, friendly, and energetic one. Louis was the cocky, smart-ass, cheeky, and lazy one. Harry was the responsible, quiet, reserved, 'could knock your ass out with one punch' one. Even in appearance wise, they were all different. 

Niall was rather tall and had icy blue eyes with a hint of yellow in them as well as light brown short hair that stood straight up. Louis was actually quite short (even though he was extremely defensive about his height) and had deep blue eyes with dark brown hair that was pushed to the side. Harry was very tall compared to the other boys and had green eyes that changed depending on the lighting as well as long dark brown curly hair. They just all seemed to be very different people yet they worked together so well.

It was around 12 pm when we were all seated in the living room talking about absolute bullshit when the doorbell rang. I frowned at Harry and he looked at me.

"Are either of you expecting anyone?" Harry asked the two other boys who were seated on the bean bags that had been bought from IKEA the day before. They both shook their heads and Harry furrowed his eyebrows. He stood up, pulling a gun out from underneath the coffee table and I wasn't even shocked by it at this point. It seemed like something Harry would do. Harry gave the boys a look and they both nodded, somehow telepathically agreeing with whatever he just said.

"Wait here," Harry tells me firmly as both the boys get up from the bean bags and follow him to the front door. My heart was racing and I sunk down into the couch. I hated the fact that I didn't go with them to the door but I was also grateful. I heard the front door open and loud talking but I couldn't make out what they were saying. 

I hadn't heard any signs of violence so I guess that was good. A few seconds later the three boys returned and I frowned. Suddenly around the corner, my father appeared. I instantly stood to my feet and brushed out my hair, panic flying through my body. He came so unannouncedly.

"Papa," I say almost breathlessly.

"Mija, I'm glad to see you are alright," he said, not a word sounded genuine but I forced a smile on my lips.

"I'm okay. What are you doing here?" I asked him and he straightened his back.

"Well I actually came to speak to Harry but I just wanted to make sure you were okay before we headed to a private area," he spoke formally. Just fuck off and say you only came to see me so you could tell Abuela.

"Well, I am okay Papa. Thank you for checking on me," I say trying my hardest not to let my pain show.

"Good. Harry could we please speak privately?" my father says turning toward Harry who was standing in his kitchen.

"Of course Mr Allende," he answered formally before pointing him in the direction of the porch outdoors. He walked behind my father and slid the door open, allowing my father to exit first. He gave me a small look as if he was apologizing before stepping outside and walking over to my father. I heard Niall and Louis sit down on the bean bags again but I didn't acknowledge them. My eyes were fixated on Harry and my dad. I tried to make out what they were saying but there was no use. So I just stared.