Chapter 5

The Millennium Falcon soared through the perfect blue sky, making a perfect arc before settling on a clearing in the forest that covered Takodana.

In the cockpit, Rey and Chewie engaged the various landing gears as the ship powered down. Their hands brushed as they both selected dials close to each other, eliciting a smile from Rey and a soft burr from Chewie.

Maz Kanata broke the content silence, "Well, it isn't far to the castle. I assume that you'll stay with the Falcon, Chewie?"

He nodded, emitting a repeated series of soft cries.

"Then young Rey, we should go," Maz said spryly jumping from her seat and leaving the cockpit.

Rey patted Chewie on the arm, "We'll be back soon."

Chewie grumbled.

Checking over her shoulder, Rey suppressed a laugh, "No I won't leave you alone with her."

This did little to convince Chewie who shook his head.

"I promise, Chewie," Rey said trying to give him a reassuring smile.

She followed Maz, pausing just outside the Falcon feeling the pull of previous memories. Han Solo's face flashed into her mind. Theyhad stood somewhere very close by when he'd given her a blaster and offered hera job.

"Rey!" Maz called from the treeline.

"Sorry," she said, quickly catching up.

They walked along beside each other in silence until the path lead them into the vast rubble remains of Maz's castle.

"Beasts," she mumbled.

Rey looked down at her.

Maz adjusted her goggles and seemed to be scanning the walls amongst the debris.

"...Are you alright?" Rey asked.

Mazcontinued to examine their surroundings, "This was my home for a very long time and the First Order took it away. But today what's buried might help us win this war."

"Can you be sure that it's still here?"

"Well, the vaults were right in the centre of the structure and it doesn't look like anything has moved in the year that has passed."

"How can you tell?"

"Look at the growth of the lichens and mosses. No Rey, what we're looking for is somewhere here."