Chapter 48

Kylo Ren approached his TIE Silencer and turned to face the last two Knights of Ren.

"Are you certain that you don't want us to go with you, Master?" Ushar asked.

"This is a journey for me alone," he replied.

"Of course, Master."

He and Trudgen stepped back, their heads lowered respectfully.

Kylo looked over his followers, "When I return I will be more powerful than any Sith or Jedi that came before. We will replenish our numbers and scorch this galaxy from one end to the other. Then I will rule the ashes."

Trudgen nodded, "Do you wish us to fight with your generals or wait for you?"

"Assist in Hux's trap and eradicate the last vestiges of the Resistance. Avenge our fallen knights and...destroy that wookiee's ship."

"It will be done, Master."

The Sith had no greeting or saying for when they parted. They did not wish each other good fortune or the will of the force, instead they stood in silence until Kylo turned and mounted the ramp.

His fighter rose from the ground and shot out through the hangar doors.

He set the coordinates for Mortis, his hands tightening on the controls.

Impatiently he waited for the fighter to plot his course, the seconds feeling like hours. He was so close to everything he ever wanted, to finally bringing his grandfather's plans to fruition.

At last his ship was ready and he jumped to hyperspace, a thousand stars transformed into straight streaks of light and then he was gone.