Chapter 19

General Hux was surprised when he was summoned to the throne room of the dreadnought.

It was a massive room with dark grey walls tinged red from the lights in the floor. A huge throne was raised on a dais at the centre where Kylo Ren sat, and around the perimeter were displays of his most prized artefacts on narrow plinths.

Hux entered quickly and stood in front of him, "You asked for me, Supreme Leader."

Kylo sensed his controlled agitation. Usually they would only cross paths at the generals meetings, as Hux marshalled the First Order and he executed his own plans. He had never sent for Hux like this and this sudden change had unnerved him.

"Yes," Kylo said after a pause, "I have some news."

Hux waited patiently.

"General Organa is dead," Kylo said.

Not knowing how to react, Hux decided to be succinct, "I see."

His eyes darkened, "Inform the rest of the First Order so that we can celebrate the death of our enemy."

"Of course, Supreme Leader."

Kylo stared at him until he nodded.

"I will tell them at once," Hux said bowing his head and stepping to the door.

"I have a feeling..." Kylo began.

Hux stopped immediately and turned.

"I feel that the Resistance's cruiser has suffered some catastrophic damage. I want you to find it."

"To find it?" Hux said trying to buy time, "Do you have any indication of where it is?"

"The Raioballo sector."

"An entire sector? That's a large area to be-"

Kylo's hand twitched where it was resting on one of the thrones arms.

"I will have it searched immediately," Hux said hastily, "Do you need anything more from me, Supreme Leader?"

He considered for a moment, "Send for the Knights of Ren."

"At once."

Hux bowed again and paced briskly out of the room.