Little Keith and Lance

Keith has a nightmare about his past and slips into littlespace. Lance is his caregiver, and boyfriend, and hates seeing Keith like that. He wants to hep the best he can. But Lance and Keith are also at Lance's family's house. And they didn't bring any supplies but what Keith could shove into his pocket.

"So, Lance, how long do you think Keith and you will last? I give it three years," Veronica joked.

"What? No. I'm defiantly marrying his somewhere down the line!" I smiled like a mad man. I mean, I do love him. I really do want to marry him one day.

"Oh, you're growing up so fast!" Mama cried a little, hugging my side. "He's so good for you!"

We're all sitting at the dinner table. Everyone one else was asleep accept for us three. We were just talking about random things. Mama's always gotten happy I choose Keith. She's always had a soft side for him. Maybe it's because he really only found his actual mom about three years ago and he's 19? It was difficult to accept for him, since she left without him knowing anything about her. So he went to Mama, the closest thing he's had as a mom. Not counting Adam or Shiro.

"Mom! I'm 18 now! I've been a grown up for a while!" I laughed, hugging her back.

"I know but one day you'll move out! I don't think I'll be able to take it!"

"I'll give you a spare key if it makes you happy," I offered as she pulled away.

"YooHoo, I'm still here," Veronica reminded us.

"Oh god, you sound like Shiro's roommate, Sven,"

"Oh really now?" she glared at me. She hated his accent. Something about it made her want to cut his throat. Yet, she has to admit he does have a sense of humor.

We talked for a little while. Mostly about if I did move out where would I live. We're actually trying t rebuild Keith's old two story home. There was a fire that happened there a long time ago. Killed his dad. All that remained was the shack he lives in. He was around six when it happened. Adashi took him in when he was nine. That's what I like to call Shiro and Adam, Adashi. Or sometimes Shadam. Depends if I'm lazy or not.

Then I heard feet patting against the floor. Like someone was running. It was getting closer, closer, closer. I quit talking, signaling the others to stop too. Could someone be robbing us? A murder maybe? How about Keith's other lover, Mothman? Wait, this could be serious. No time for jokes Lance!

I got up, staring outside the hallway. I could see a figure at the end of it. I stared a little harder. Long hair, glowingish eyes- Oh! It's Keith! Only Keith has eyes that glow a little in the dark. They're very pretty, I could stare at them for hours. Wait, why was he up? It's way past his bedtime! And he always goes to sleep at his bedtime! Alright Lance, calm down a little. Maybe he's sleepwalking?

"Lance? Who's over there?" Veronica asked in a snappy-whisper tone.

"Keith," I smiled lightly. "Hey Babe, what are you doing up?"

Keith came running at me. He jumped into my arms, wrapping his legs around my waist, digging his face into my neck, sobbing hard, shaking really badly. I will admit, I was not expecting this. I began to bounce him a little, petting his hair. He most likely had a really bad nightmare. Poor guy. He's been through enough.

"Hey baby, it's going to be okay," I whispered into his ear, walking to the couch and sitting down. "Can you tell me what happened? I'm here now, no one will hurt you. I need you to calm down, okay? Breath like me." I breathed through my nose and out of my mouth. He began to do the same. We kept on doing it until he had stop crying as hard. Yes, he still had tears rolling down his face and he was still shaking. But it wasn't as bad as before.

"Now can you tell me what happened?"

"I-I was awone again! There was fiwe and I couwdn't save Pa and no one was thewe and- and-" he tried to dry his tears. Oh no, did he regress? He doesn't always talk in baby talk. He hates to use it because he feels like he can't do anything. But that's not true. That'll never be true.

"It's okay Baby. I'm here now. You have me. You're in my arms. You're not alone anymore. Lancey's here," I shushed him, rocking him back and forth. "You'll never be alone again. Lancey will make sure about that."

"L-Lancey weave?"

"No little one, Lancey won't leave you. I know it's hard but you have to trust me. I'm here now. You were so strong getting from the bed to me. Do you know that? So brave, strong, beautiful. And even if you have these terrible nightmares, I will stick with you through them all. We made a pinky promise, remember? You can't go back on a pinky promise, right?"

"Lance? What's going on? Why are you talking to Keith like that? And why is he talking like a two year old?" Veronica asked from the table.

I forgot they were here! Mierda! Keith began to cry a bit harder again. He hates when people found out about this! I looked at Mama. She looked at Keith with a mix of shock and sadness in her face. Veronica looked at us with confusion. Keith took his face out of my neck and looked at me. He was scared. Scared of being judged, rejected by a family that's been with him for so long. I dried the tears off his face and gave him a kiss on the lips. I reposition us and then picked him up princess style.

"I'll explain in the morning. But don't expect Keith to be open about this. And if you tell anyone, I won't be able to forgive you. Also, if you don't accept him, I will pack up and leave. I love him for how he is and nothing can change that. I suggest you two go to bed and sleep on this. Your minds will be cleared in the morning," I stated simply, walking back to my room.

HOLY SHIT I JUST SAID THAT TO MY MOTHER! Okay, don't freak out! You have to take care of Keith! But what if she comes into my room and yell at me? No, you're an adult! Wait, Keith. God I'm bad at one subject things!

I opened my door and closed it, making sure to lock it. I put Keith on the bed. Or tried to. He clutched onto my shirt, not wanting me to let go.

"Baby, I have to put on your favorite movie," I smiled, putting my hand on his cheek. "Give me three minutes. Okay?"

"Otay," he nodded, letting go as I quickly got a Disney movie.

I put on his favorite, Snow White. He'll never admit it but he loves this princess. I happen to love Ariel. I walked back over to him and saw that he had his pacifier in his mouth. He must of put it in his pocket before we left. I scooped him up and layed us back down. His back was on top of me so that he could watch the movie.

Although he had calm down by now he wasn't fully comfortable. Normally when he has nightmares like these we wear onesies or our favorite animals. And he was his stufie, Eppo. He also has a little snack and his sippy. I wish I could give those to him right now. Why didn't I think of coming prepared? This could of gone way better if I did!

"Are you comfortable, Keithy?" I asked just to make sure. But what was I saying? Of course he's not comfortable!

"It's not what we usuawwy do but at weast you'we hewe, Lancey," he mumbled.

"Thanks baby. I'm sorry that I can't give you what we usually do. If only I came prepared, this would of gone different-"

"Lancey stop. You'we putting youwsewf down again and I don't wike it!" he pouted a little.

"Okay baby, thank you," I smiled, kissing his head and watching the movie.

God I love him. He doesn't deserve me. He's so accepting and beautiful and just perfect! He's my life. I'm glad he trusts me with this secret. My beautiful little baby.

Hey guys, I don't know if this counts as little space. I think it does? My mind's all scrambled and all I can seem to accomplish now a days is crying and having bad thoughts. But never mind that, I hope you guys liked this one. Please send any request. I know I seem pretty useless right now but I want to write still. It might be one of the things I can do. Do badly but not cry about at least.