Little James and Veronica: Breakdown

James had always had this thing where if he started a project, he needed to get it done. Whether he needed it for school or to eat or anything really, he needed it done before starting another thing. Sometimes he would have a meltdown when you tried to stop him so that he could eat or sleep. Taking him away from his work was a big no-no the Garrison had learned.

It was easier when he was little though. When he was little his main projects were eating all his food before even talking to anyone, or organizing his stuffies, or stacking his blocks. He would mostly wear a pull up or diaper while doing this so going to the bathroom wasn't a problem. But changing him was.

Currently the MFEs were in the break room talking. James was on the floor, going through his blocks and stacking them. His age was around five. For the most part everyone but Nadia was watching him. Since the group had Veronica hanging out with them today.

"It had like 27 eyes!" Nadia exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air.

"Actually it had 42," Ina pointed out.

"Exactly," she grumbled, leaning back onto the couch. "It was like a monster-"

"Alien," Veronica corrected.

"Alien, even better," she scoffed.

"We work with aliens-"

"You know what I mean!"

Ryan eyed James out of the corner of his eyes. James was squirming a little bit on the floor, although he didn't seem to notice. This meant that James would have to go potty. So that would meant, one of the others would have to move him. They didn't want him to get a diaper rash or something.

"Something wrong Ryan?" Nadia asked, causing Ryan's thoughts to be irrupted. Ryan grunted and moved his head towards James. The others looked as well and Veronica sighed. "Your turn Ronica." Nadia frowned. As much as she joked when someone had to try and pry James off of something she hated seeing his tears or hearing his screams.

"Are you sure? Maybe we just shouldn't change him," Veronica hesitantly said, staring at James as he soon stopped squirming, still stacking his blocks.

"Veronica you probably should," Ryan stated, grabbing the diaper bag and tossing it to her.

"Yeah but the bathrooms two rooms away. And him screaming the entire time? I don't think he'll like that."

"He doesn't like it when we touch him when he's focus," Nadia said. "But he probably needs to be changed."

Veronica grumbled but walked over to James, crouching beside him. The others tried to go back to their conversation but couldn't stop nervously starring at them, trying to see how James would react. Veronica lightly tapped his shoulder, which didn't catch his attention. She then lightly shook it, earning a small whine in response. She was a small wet patch on his crotch area. So he had defiantly wet himself. And most likely not noticed yet.

"James, I need to change you," she said slowly, grabbing his wrist as he tried to pick up another block. "I'll be real quick but we need to go to the bathroom."

"Blocks," she heard James mutter, struggling against his Auntie Ronie.

"I know, but I'm need to pick you up," Veronica warned before quickly lifting him up and placing him on her hip, making him drop the purple rectangle.

No one knows why but this set something off in James's brain. Immanently he tried to scramble back onto the ground. This made Veronica almost drop him and the others stand up in case they needed to help. When it hit James that he wouldn't be let down he started to hit and kick, trying to get out of her grip and continue his work. He raised hit voice as well, trying to tell Veronica to put him down.

Nadia grabbed Ryan's arm as Ryan tried to go over. Switching him off to someone else was also a bad idea. If he wasn't use to one person then there was no way he'd get use to another one. Plus Veronica had a way with children. She was good with them, even when they throw tantrums. She tried bouncing him but that only produces screams. The good idea was to get this over and done with.

Veronica quickly walked out of the door and to the bathroom. She passed some people on the way but she tried to ignore them. Some covered their ears, others frowned, and others also tried to ignore them. Staring was something they felt bad about, it's not like James could help it! But the baby's screams were getting really loud. He was still trying to kick her. He was also hitting her back and pulling her hair. Veronica would of grabbed his wrist and told him not to but if she moved her hands from his back then he would surely fall with how much he's moving.

Luckily they made it to the genderless bathroom as fast as Veronica could. She layed him on the changing mat they installed for him and held him down. His tried to roll off but couldn't. He was also having a harder time breathing, since every breath went into a scream.

"Jamie, Jamie!" Veronica whispered, bringing him into a hug before he could slam his head into the wall. "Breath Honey, breath. In and out, okay? Do what I'm doing."

James just stared at her and continued to scream, tears streaming down his face. He doesn't fully know why he's like this but he needs to finish his project. He couldn't just push it off or pause it. It just felt wrong. It was hard to move onto another project or continue a project he started at times. So Veronica quickly changed his pull up and put on a new pair of shorts. He again tried to get off of the table but Veronica made sure to hold him down. She tried to give him his pacifier but he threw it to the floor. She then tried to give him his teething ring but he threw it at her.

Veronica sighed but put on a smile, "Honey Bear, we're going back to the blocks right now. Don't worry. It's alright. You can go back to your blocks and continue playing." She tried to comfort him, swinging the backpack over her shoulder and picking James back up.

She made sure that she could hold him correctly before basically running back to the break room. James continued to scream the entire way there. Veronica's ears felt like they were bleeding. Honestly, this was way to much struggle just for a bathroom tip. Next time they go shopping their getting him a changing mat. Really, ten minutes to change him is way better than 20-25. Since he moved a lot.

The others jumped as the door burst open and Veronica ran it. By the others it was more Nadia who jumped into Ina's lap. Ryan's head shot over to James as Veronica set James back with his blocks. She put the purple rectangle back into James's right hand and backed away, adjusting her glasses and hair.

It took a few minutes but it seemed as though James soon realized where he was again and his screams quieted, returning to soft sniffles and hiccups. He waved the block a little bit before drying his eyes and trying to continue his plan. Although it was a bit unsteady. He couldn't quite remember his plan or what he was trying to build earlier. A tower? A square? A castle? Where was the purple block meant to go? What kind of shape were the other blocks in?

Veronica sat down next to Ina as Nadia got off her, apologizing, "He seems confused."

"Which produces more tears," Ina said, making the others look at her.

"It does!?" Nadia exclaimed. Yeah Little James does spend more time with Ina than anyone else but seriously! They just went through screaming! Hadn't they had enough for one night!?

"Let me," she said, getting up and sitting next to James.

She grabbed one of the blocks from the floor, receiving a smack on the arm from James. He might be confused but he doesn't like it when people touch his stuff. Instead of telling James not to do it she continued to place a block down. Doing it with another one. She had taken noticed that James was building a tower earlier.

"Tower, James. Try that," she encouraged, handing him the next block. James stared at her hand for a few minutes before hesitantly taking it.

Taking blocks from people and not the floor was different. But he placed the block near where Ina put her first block. This felt a bit better. He continued this while Ina watched him. The others stared at her from the couch. There was no one who could read James better than Ina at times. And everyone loved/hated it. Ina was the best at calming him down and taking care of him. But she didn't really do anything other than watch him. Like, she could, but she never wanted to. Leaving it to the others.

"Trader," Nadia mumbled as Ina easily watched James.