rumor no. 4

yashiro yawned and laid her head on her desk. "are you tired, nene-chan?" aoi asked, tilting her head to look at her friend. "a little aoi-chan. last night's homework kind of drained me." yashiro said.

class had started and aoi had returned to her seat, leaving yashiro alone with her books and her thoughts. she looked up to see one of hanako's tueshiro guarding her.

'ah.. he sent a guard to stay with me.' yashiro thought. 'i wonder if rika-san and hanako-kun are together right now. ahh so cute!' she daydreamed about the two ghosts staying together.

"yashiro, please read paragraph twenty please." the teacher said and yashiro stood up. she went to grab her textbook only to find it missing. 'h...huh?!' she thought, panicking.

'i could've sworn it was on my desk!' she thought. the teacher sighed and asked another student to read, causing yashiro to sit back down, her face bright red with embarrassment.

during their lunch period, aoi sat next to yashiro. "i lost my textbook." yashiro said. "you must be suffering from yousei-san." aoi said. "yousei-san?" yashiro asked.

『 they say that yousei-san takes your items and if you look at it, they'll take away your life. 』

the violet haired girl said, her tone becoming chilling. throughout the class, a couple of students claim they were missing items too.

"quick! someone took off the locker doors!" the girls run out into the hallway to see that indeed, the lockers were lacking their doors. someone had bumped into aoi, making her splash water onto yashiro.

"oh! sorry nene-chan! i think someone bumped into me!" aoi said, a light frown on her pretty face. yashiro looked down at her arms to see scales. "ah! i'll be back! i'm gonna go dry off! bye!" she yelled.

yashiro ran in the opposite direction of the crowd and to a separate hallway. she looked up to see hakujoudai still following her dilligently. she looked down to see a towel.

"hn.. i guess i'll just borrow this for now." yashiro muttered, drying her scales off. she foudn her books, along with other students' belongings. it led to a door and yashiro opened it to find a tall momster.

"you saw us..." it said. "now we have to kill you..." yashiro fell back as tears began to cloud her vision. "scatter them aoijoudai!" a boy's voice commanded and the two blue tueshiro split up the monster.

yashiro looked up to see rika and hanako standing in front of her. "rika-san! hanako-kun!" the daikon girl said, happily. "ah, yashiro you always get caught up with boys and supernaturals~!" hanako teased.

"hana, that's not nice." rika scolded playfully. a boy in a black gakuran held a pink bunny in his arms. "ah, i'm glad i caught them in time before they got to you yashiro-san." the boy said.

yashiro's eyes sparkled at the supernatural boy in front of her. "oh right! yashiro, this is rika-kun's twin brother, riku! he's the second wandering hallway twin." hanako said, introducing riku to yashiro.

riku smiled softly. "hello!" he said, waving gently, making yashiro's heart palpitate. riku walked up to his twin with a grin. "rika-nee i beat you~" he said, teasing his older-by-five-minutes sister.

rika blushed. "i-i... i was busy..." she muttered and hanako chuckled before wrapping his arms around rika's shoulders. "anyways yashiro, these are the mokke. or previously known as yousei-san." he said.

"mokke?" yashiro asked, putting one of the pink rabbits in her lap. it blinked at her and offered a candy. hanako explained that their rumor had been changed, causing them to group up like before.

yashiro made a noise of realization as the twins looked away with dejected looks. hanako glances at rika and gently pats her head. "but, the rumors can be changed." he said.

"that's where you come in, yashiro." hanako said. "yes! i get to graduate from bathroom cleaning!" yashiro said. "ah.. no, you're still cleaning." the response made the daikon girl sighed.

"you'll be changing rumors for us!" hanako said, bringing riku and rika into a side-hug on both sides. yashiro smile and agreed. "okay!" she said.

yashiro had ended up coming up with a new rumor about the mokke to spread and went home after bidding the three ghosts a goodbye. "hopefully this will be able to change your rumors." hanako said.

"i think there's a mole within the school wonders." riku said, his eyebrows furrowing underneath the hitaikakushi. "me too..." rika muttered, wringing her skirt in her hands, a nervous habit she's had.

hanako grabbed each of the twins hands and had a serious look in his amber eyes. "i swear to you ren, ran, i won't let anything happen to the both of you." he said, giving a firm but comforting squeeze to their hands.

"i promise." he said, and the twins had smiled. "alright." riku said. "we trust you amane. we always have." rika said.

" rika said

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

published: 040320
edited: 000000