rumor no. 28

⚠️ some manga spoilers from here on out ⚠️

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

"how do you know that?! how long?!" kou demanded. "how long...?" hanako asked. "...from the beginning?" he said. "the beginning, you mean...?" kou asked.

"it's not because he tied her fate to him." riku said. "it was always her destiny." hanako said. "only people who are close to the far shore can summon me to begin with." hanako said, looking over at rika and yashiro.

"someone born with a powerful sixth sense like you... or, someone who's death isn't that far off..." he said. "how can you say something like that and act like its nothing?!" kou demanded.

"okay then." hanako started. "how am i supposed to act?" he asked, his amber eyes becoming dull as a smile pulled to his face. "'you're gonna die soon.. but live your life to the fullest, kay?!'" hanako said.

"is that what i should've said?" he asked. "i don't know what you think of us, shounen. but we're already dead." hanako said. "so if someone is gojng to live or die. it doesn't matter to me." he said.

kou became angry and grabbed hanako's collar. "if you really mean that, i'll make you pay!" he growled. "kouhai." akane called. "that's just how supernaturals are. they're different from us." he said.

akane looked over at rika. "maybe besides her, they don't really care about you or yashiro-san." he said. "but we were being considerate, right?" riku asked. "we've done all we could." rika muttered.

"to make sure yashiro can enjoy the rest of her time here. that's what we've been doing and that's what we'll keep doing." she said, looking up at akane.

as the school changed back to the morning of that day, akane had stopped kou's time so he wouldn't lose any memories

as the school changed back to the morning of that day, akane had stopped kou's time so he wouldn't lose any memories. "rika-kun." hanako called out to the ghost girl still holding yashiro.

he held out his arms and rika had passed yashiro to riku before diving into them. "its okay, little star..." hanako whispered, petting rika's hair soothingly. "if the boy says he'll save her, he will." he said.

the school's clock had rewound time to the start of the day and kou and akane (who reverted back to his human form) leaned against the window of the school.

"so you took care of everything while i was unconsious?" yashiro asked. "yep! everything is back to normal!" kou said. "anyways, you don't have to worry about mirai anymore." akane said.

"its okay, you didn't do anything wrong, akane-kun." yashiro said with a smile. "i'm relieved to hear you say that. okay! since everything is back to normal, we'll call it-" "even?" akane was interruped by teru.