rumor no. 7

where am i?
am i in heaven?
...am i in hell?

rika opened her eyes to see the familiar sight of her old middle school classroom. she looked down to see her sitting in a desk, in her old school uniform before she had died and became a supernatural.

"what happened?" she muttered, looking out the open window. the 5:30 announcement was going off as the sunset kissed rika's cheeks. she heard someone running through the halls.

they stopped. "nono-chan! there you are, sleepyhead!" a boy said. "amane...?" rika muttered. amane had grinned and gently tugged rika up from her desk.

"ren's waiting for us on the rooftop!" he said. amane tilted his head. "nono-chan, what happened to your eye?" he asked. his amber eyes widened. "was it-" he started but rika cut him off. "i'll tell you later."

'haven't i seen this before?' rika thought as amane pulled her up to the rooftop. "i set up the telescope so we can gaze at the moon!" he said. "the moon." rika muttered with a blush.

amane pushed open the door as the last light of the sun had died out, leaving the sky to turn a midnight blue. ren had set out a blanket to sit on while they waited for the stars and moon to arrive.

amane sat down and patted his lap. "you can lay down on my lap if you want to nono-chan." he said with a soft smile. rika smiled. 'why the heck not?' she thought.

she laid her head down on amane's lap and the boy immediately tangled his fingers in her long, black pigtails. rika stared up at amane, a soft gaze in her eyes.

"what?" amane asked with a little laugh. "you're cute." rika said, her mouth running before her mind. these words caused her and amane to blush. "i think you're cuter." he said softly.

"gross." ren said, gagging jokingly. "hey!" rika said playfully. "..so are you gonna tell me what happened to your eye?" amane asked. "oh... uhm..." rika sat up, thinking of an excuse to tell amane.

"nono-chan, you're disappearing!" amane said, causing ren to look up at his twin sister in horror. rika looked down to see her hands becoming transparent. "ah... i guess i'm returning..." she said.

"no! don't go!" amane said, hugging rika's body close to his. "don't worry...i'll never leave your side." rika whispered, hugging amane back before he ended up hugging the air.

••
"ran-nee! ran-nee!!"
"ran! nono-chan! please!"
••

rika opened her eyes to find herself of the ground surrounded by yashiro, riku, and hanako. "oh you're okay!" riku said in relief as he hugged his sister tightly. "you can't get rid of me that easily." rika said.

once riku let go of his sister, hanako didn't waste any time wrapping his arms around rika. "i lost you once... i can't lose you again." he whispered.

while the two were having their moment, riku turned to yashiro

while the two were having their moment, riku turned to yashiro. "yashiro, are you okay?" he asked, his eye brows furrowed, giving the girl a glance over, checking for any injuries. 'riku-kun is so cute!' she thought.

"i'm okay riku-kun." yashiro said with a small smile. "here, let me give you a gift." riku said, smiling gently. "a gift-?!" yashiro's words died in her throat as riku pressed a light kiss to her cheek.

riku's cheeks flushed as he tugged the corner of his hitaikakushi to try and hide it. "s-sorry.. i'm not too good with things like this." he said, smiling nervously. yashiro's face turned bright red.

'...did they forget about me?' kou thought, staring straight at the ceiling since he was turned into a doll. a black paper crane had floated its way back to the broadcasting room.

"ah, you're back kokujoidai." a girl had said as the paper crane turned into a black tueshiro.

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

i actually edited the picture haha
very time consuming to get it right

published: 040420
edited: 000000