rumor no. 23

⚠️ some manga spoilers from here on out ⚠️

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

rika hummed beside yashiro as she and the daikon girl listened to aoi telling another rumor about the first rumor, the clock keepers.

『 there is a big clock somewhere in the school. that clock itself is the flow of time through the school. if you move the clocks hands, the school's time is yours to command.

but there are three guards watching over this clock. they are the three clock keepers that represent the past, present, and future.

if anyone touches the clock without their permission, the three clock keepers will steal the time from that person's life. 』

rika chuckled as she saw yashiro begin to sweatdrop. "nene-chan..." aoi started, making rika and yashiro look at the violet haired girl. rika raised her eyebrow at the girl fidgeting in front of them.

"hm? what's wrong aoi-chan?" yashiro asked. "its just i... i have something to tell you." aoi said. the violet haired girl started to tell yashiro what she wanted to but was cut off by a scream.

rika clicked her tongue and flew off before the two girls to see what had happened. yashiro's eyes widened as she saw her classroom become a garden.

"yashiro, i'll be back. i'm gonna go ahead and tell hana what happened." rika said quickly running and flying out the classroom before yashiro could answer.

"amane, something happened to the new buildings

"amane, something happened to the new buildings." rika said, out of breath. "hm? what's wrong nono-chan?" he asked, tilting his head a little. "the school. time jumped forward for everything." rika said.

"yashiro and i were out of the classroom earlier and someone screamed that their classroom changed." rika said. hanako leaned on the windowsill, so rika put her hands on either side of hanako's thighs.

their faces were close to each other and rika's yellow eye showed both concern and fear. "what if its one of the number ones?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing together in worry.

hanako hummed and grabbed rika's cheeks, causing the hallway ghost to flush. "if it is, we'd better make sure yashiro doesn't get touched." he said. rika's face became cresfallen as it fell into hanako's chest.

"even though i already know what's going to happen to her...i don't want to believe it..." she said as hanako held her close. "i know... but there's nothing we can do little star... its her fate..." he whispered.

"we'll just have to make sure she has the best life." rika nodded. yashiro bursted into the bathroom, making rika and hanako jump at the noise. "oh, yashiro. is something wrong?" hanako asked.

yashiro internally squealed at how cute the two ghosts looked in each others' arms. she then gave a summary of what had happened in her classroom when kou came bursting in the restroom.

"kou-kun." yashiro said as kou had yelled out hanako's name. the blonde suddenly grabbed onto hanako's gakuran collar and shook him violently, causing rika to fly into yashiro's arms instead.

"you gotta help me hanako! satou and yokoo from my class turned into old men!" he said and yashiro had asked if something had happened to his classroom as well as he let hanako drop to the floor.

riku had suddenly appeared in the bathroom along with them. "little brother, what's wrong?" rika asked, looking at riku from yashiro's arms. "this definitely has to be the work of a supernatural." he said.

"we think it might be the work of the number ones." rika said as she floated back to hanako who wrapped his arms around her waist and brought her to sit on his lap, causing her to flush bright red.

"that reminds me." yashiro started. "rika-chan, do you remember when aoi was talking about the three clock keepers?" rika hummed as riku was trying to pry her off of hanako's lap and remove his arms.

"oh so you've heard of it, that's good. it saves time." hanako said, holding rika tighter, causing riku to groan and instead lean on top of yashiro's head. kou blinked from lack of contact and held yashiro's hand.

"school mystery number one." rika started, shifting in hanako's grasp so she was a little more comfortable. "the three of them each have a power they hold. the second one stops time." she says.

"the first one can turn back time. and the third one moves time forward." rika says. yashiro and kou looked at each other. "from what you two have said, it sounds like the it was the third clock keeper." hanako said.

the five of them decided to go out in the school to look for the clock keepers with hanako leading

the five of them decided to go out in the school to look for the clock keepers with hanako leading. "so hanako," kou started. "where is that supernatural?" yashiro finished.

"hmm..." hanako hummed. "i don't know~!" he said with a big grin, holding rika's hands, causing her and riku to sigh. kou had then proceeded to put hanako into a choke hold while yelling at him.

"number one... maybe it's because they're guardians but they can be a bit prudish." hanako said. "i'll never forget the first time we met." he said, closing his eyes at the memory.

'wow! you can do all the pervy stuff you want! if it was me, i'd definitely do something pervy to rika-kun!'

"and then they said they never wanted to see me again. they didn't even wanna tell me where their boundary was." hanako said, laughing nervously. "you damn pervert!" kou yelled.

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

happy easter! :)

published: 041220
edited: 000000