rumor no. 12

tsuchigomori had showed yashiro his yorishiro. "you know how to destroy the yorishiro, right? all you have to do is peel that seal off." he tells yashiro. "so how did his future change?" she asks.

"just get it over with. i'm afraid if we stay in here for too long i think i'll end up saying to much." tsuchigomori said. yashiro pulls the seal off of the moon rock and the spider-teacher sighs as his boundary breaks.

••

the 5:30 announcement had gone off, telling everyone to get home safely and for any children to return home. the sun was slowly setting, creating a soft orange glow in a classroom.

"i told you a dozen times, i just want to help you as your teacher." tsuchigomori said, gently wiping blood from a scrape on a boy's arm. "so, don't look at me like that.. yugi." he said.

tsuchigomori sighed. "this happens every single day. don't you think its time to tell me who's behind this?" he asked, causing the boy to look down at the floor instead of meeting his teacher's gaze.

"cat got your tongue again?" the teacher asked, grabbing the gauze and bandages. "you've been like this even before the mizuno twins were... harmed but now it's just getting worse." he said.

"you're always covered in cuts and bruises that never go away, you skip classes, you only had two friends and they're... anyways. are you listening to me? yugi amane!" tsuchigomori said.

amane stared blankly at the bandages around his right arm. "get off my back tsuchigomori-sensei." he said with a huff. "you little..." the teacher started but sighed.

"look, kid. i'm worried about you." amane pointed at his bandages. "worried? about this? it's totally fine, not a problem." he said. "it is a problem!" tsuchigomori said, grabbing amane's shoulders.

"just what kind of reason could justify hurting someone this badly-" tsuchigomori was interrupted by amane saying he was fine. "even if no one else would forgive it..." the boy started.

"even if there's no reason that would justify it... i forgive it. its what she would have done." he said, clenching his bandaged fists against his school pants.

"sensei. i wanted to show you something. i have a moon rock!" amane said, holding out a brown rock that definitely had aged. "would you believe me if i said it was real?" he asked as the teacher stared at it confused.

"no." he said plainly. "i thought so!" amane said with a laugh. "but... ran thought it was real... and that's why no matter what anyone says, this is a moon rock!" he said.

the young boy begins to talk about the moon and how far his moon rock had travelled. "its my prized possession." amane said, holding the moon rock close to him.

"we're not talking about the moon yugi, we're talking about y-" the teacher was interrupted by amane running to the window. "sensei! the moon's already out!" he said.

tsuchigomori had noticed the bandages on amane's arm coming undone and turned to get the bandages from his first aid kit again. "sensei... have you ever wanted to go to the moon?" amane asked.

the teacher turned around to his horror to see that the young boy was standing on the windowsill. "i have." amane said, holding his moon rock up to the moon.

"the moon is so big and beautiful. maybe that's why i feel like its a really great place to visit." he said, suddenly doing on his tip toes. this scared tsuchigomori and he dropped his first aid kit.

"just a-! be careful!" he yelled, running after the young boy. "get down from there!" he yelled, adrenaline pumping through his body. amane gently slapped tsuchigomori's hand away.

he asked his teacher if he could do him a favor. amane had ended up giving his moon rock to tsuchigomori. "isn't this your prized possession?" the teacher asked.

"yeah. its just that, whenever i look at it, i feel like i could go anywhere." amane says, still staring at the moon. "but i've made up my mind now." he says, turning to look at tsuchigomori.

"i'm not going anywhere. not without mizuno ran."

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

ngl when i first read this in the manga i cried and i cried even more when it was animated

published: 040620
edited: 040920