rumor no. 34

⚠️ some manga spoilers from here on out ⚠️

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

"you're being weird again yashiro-chan..." ren said softly. "do you hate me that much? you seemed to like me just the other day..." he said softly. "n-no.. that's not it rik- ren-senpai..." yashiro started. "ren, don't be too rough with nene-chan." ran scolded.

"she's a girl too you know." she said softly from behind her brother. she was holding amane's hand and he swing it around happily waiting for his classmate and his senpai to hurry along. "i don't want to clean the pool!" yashiro yelled, holding the curtains.

"let's~~go~~!" ren said, tugging yashiro's ankle. "no!! i don't wanna!" yashiro cried. "you have to!" ren said, struggling. he huffed and gently set yashiro's foot down. "just a while back, you said you'd help!" ren said and ran gently chopped his head to calm him.

"i said that?" yashiro asked. "mm. at lunch. we have to have a couple of people from each class to help." amane said, holding up the pool cleaning sign up. "we even had to ask ran and ren-senpai and even minamoto too." he said.

"minamoto?!" yashiro asked. "ah. not the older one. the younger brother." ren said. "kou-kun!" yashiro said happily and skipped out of the classroom with a big smile on her face. ren's smile dropped and he hugged his arms as his yellow eyes became sad.

ran and amane comforted the boy. "its okay, little brother..." ran whispered. "we're all sad..." amane said, looking away sadly.

"kou-kun!" yashiro said excitedly and ran over to kou who had yelled out to his senpai

"kou-kun!" yashiro said excitedly and ran over to kou who had yelled out to his senpai. the twins and amane tilted their head in confusion as they watched the two of them exchange their secrets.

ran clutched her gym shorts and bit her lip as she fidgeted with the material. amane noticed and grabbed her hands, holding them in his. they looked over at ren and saw him frowning in jealousy.

"do you think he knows he's being obvious?" ran whispered with a chuckle. "i don't think so. why won't he just tell her how he feels?" amane asked, tilting is head.

"he's always been like that. and he knows kou likes her too." ran said softly, watching her twin brother fill up a bucket of water and a water gun. he walked over to yashiro and kou, a smirk on his face.

he dumped the bucket of water over kou while he used the water gun on yashiro. ran and amane laughed lightly at the sight of the younger mizuno twin laughing.

"riku-kun?" yashiro asked as kou simply yelled at the black haired boy, making him laugh. "you're soaking wet." he said with a big fond smile, handing a towel to yashiro.

yashiro began panicking, frantically drying her skin so no scales would show up. 'huh? there's no scales...!' she thought, looking at her scale-free skin. she ran over to the water fountain and wet her arm.

't-there's no scales!' yashiro thought, staring at her hands. 'how...? maybe hanako-kun, rika-chan, and riku-kun becoming human might've affected it? i don't understand...' she thought.

'either way, now chores will be easier!' yashiro thought, crying tears of joy. "okay, everyone! we're gonna start cleaning now!" aoi announced. everyone picked up their brooms and cleaned the pool.

kou sat down next to yashiro after offering her a cool drink since it was the beginning of summer

kou sat down next to yashiro after offering her a cool drink since it was the beginning of summer. as the daikon girl turned to ask kou a question, she saw a girl in a uniform, drawing flowers.

yashuro brought kou's attention to the girl in a different uniform. "who is that?" the blonde boy asked. "she doesn't go to our school... that's not our uniform..." yashiro muttered, eyebrows knit together.

aoi and akane had called out to the two sitting under the shade. yashiro had asked about the girl drawing flowers only to find that she wasn't there anymore.

"wouldn't that be shijima-san?" aoi asked.

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

hhh short chapter today guyz sorry! idk we might be reaching the end of roaming hallways soon but i'll have to see~

published: 041920
edited: 000000