rumor no. 18

yashiro went into the science room, the burning question of "should i become a servant to the mermaid?" running through her mind. "well why not?" tsuchigomori asked, looking up from his book.

the daikon girl gasped. "sENSEI! i came to get you to tell me no!" she said, and tsuchigomori raised an eyebrow. "you get the princess treatment, no experience or academic requirements?" he said.

"sounds pretty good to me." he said nonchalantly. "that's the thing! it just sounds too good to be true!" yashiro declared, making tsuchigomori sigh and rub his temples.

"have you talked to honorable number seven? lord and lady number zero? what about that minamoto boy?" he asked. "i haven't been able to see hanako-kun, rika-chan, or riku-kun in a while." yashiro said.

"sensei, you've known them for a long time right? can't you tell be about their past?" yashiro asked, a pleading look in her red eyes. "i'm not at liberty to share their information." tsuchigomori said.

"you're going to have to ask them about their past. at the very least, they're not ready to spill the truth so easily." yashiro frowned lightly. "but riku-kun... why won't he tell me?" she muttered to herself.

"maybe because if you knew, you'd stop being so nice to them!" tsuchigomori said with a laugh. "either that, or they're afraid of you finding out." he said softly as he stood up.

"either way, the decision is up to you. just make sure you don't regret it." he said and went to put the book he was reading back in its spot as yashiro walked out of the science classroom.

"so? what are you gonna do honorable number seven? lord and lady number zero?" tsuchigomori asked, pulling back the curtain to reveal the three apparitions with troubled looks on their faces.

hanako and the hallway twins' eyes widened as they saw yashiro get pulled in the water by a fish. "net! a net amane!" riku yelled at the toilet ghost who was searching through his items.

"don't!" riku shouted and hanako had fished yashiro out of the water, flinging her fish body up into the air. rika and hanako neared the fish in the pond. "your world may be kind to her..." hanako started.

"and this one may be cruel..." rika continued. "but it doesn't matter." riku caught yashiro bridal style, her body turning back to normal. "because yashiro likes us." the boy hallway twin says, pressing his cheek to her's.

"r-riku-kun! hanako-kun! rika-chan!" yashiro said, relieved that the three ghosts were there. "school mysteries! let my lady go!" the puffer fish stuttered. "oh?" riku asked, his yellow eyes becoming dark.

"if you get too full of yourselves, i'll cut you up into sashimi." he said, taking out his scissors as a dark smirk appeared on his face. the fish all fleed at the dark tone of riku's voice.

rika and hanako fidgeted in their place. riku sighed and gently pushed the two ghosts towards yashiro. "...i'm sorry yashiro..." hanako said. "i ruined the donuts you and rika-kun made for me." he said.

"i'm sorry too yashiro... i couldn't protect you.." rika said, clutching the fabric of her skirt. "will you forgive us?" they asked in unison, their eyes becoming big and shy. "yes!" yashiro said with a smile.

rika smiled softly and hanako patted yashiro's head. "and thank you." hanako said. "i forgot to say it before." he said softly, his hand dropping to hold rika's.

the three ghosts begin to walk back into the school before rika had stopped, causing hanako to stop with her. "you know..." she starts, a sad smile on her face. "riku and i were murdered here at this very school." she said.

"in the same hallways that we haunt." she said. hanako hesitated before speaking up. "i had a younger brother." he said and clutched rika's hand a little tighter.

"but i killed him. because he took something precious away from me." hanako said, glancing at rika. yashiro's eyes were wide. "so yashiro... do you really want to get to know us?" riku asked.

"if you do, then someday we'll tell you everything." hanako said. the three of them turned to look at the student, gentle smiles on their faces. "so stay with us until then, okay?" rika asked, extending her pinky.

yashiro looked down at her fingers and intertwined her pinky with rika's. "okay." she said, smiling back at the three ghosts.

"honey

"honey... i'm... hooooome!" the energetic ghost boy had said, clinging onto a green haired girl, making the brown haired boy behind her scream in both fear and jealousy as he pulled the ghost boy off of her.

"that's an unusual wardrobe change." the girl said, a hint of interest in her monotonous tone. "yeah well! i was seeing ran-nee and amane for the first time in ages!" the boy said with a grin.

"so you changed your clothes to match your brother and to catch the eyes of your crush?" the green haired girl asked.

"hehe yep~♡" the boy said, using his tueshiro to help him change back into his clothes before. "ohh ran-nee and amane looked so happy to see me!" he said, floating around happily.

"mmuehehe! ran-nee looked especially happy to see me~! its too bad i couldn't move around too much. they chased me off before i could grab ran-nee!" the boy said with a pout.

"okay sakura!" the boy said, a big grin on his face. "what rumor should we spread next?" he asked as sakura put on her headset, ready to spread another rumor.

 "what rumor should we spread next?" he asked as sakura put on her headset, ready to spread another rumor

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

sorry not many updates have been going up! im busy with online school cuz of miss rona shutting down our school :((

published: 040820
edited: 000000