rumor no. 13

yashiro opened her eyes to see that she was in the infirmary. "ah, you're awake." tsuchigomori said. yashiro had asked about what she had seen and the spider-teacher told her the same thing happened with yako's yorishiro.

"you saw the memories of the yorishiro." he said. "th-then... the boy you said who changed his future is..." yashiro started. "yugi amane. number seven's past self." tsuchigomori finished.

"who was he talking about? someone named mizuno ran?" yashiro asked. "lady number zero's past self." tsuchigomori answered. "he was a strange boy, yugi." he said.

"the day before we had that conversation, humankind made their first moon landing. that day was also when lady and lord number zero were killed." tsuchigomori said. this caught yashiro by surprise.

"they were his only two friends. and to be ripped away so easily... as his teacher, i was worried about him. or, i pretended to be." the spider-teacher said. "i didn't think too much about it." he said.

"i had found yugi amane's book in the bookstacks and read his future." tsuchigomori said. "i already knew what was going to happen, but i still kept asking him to talk to me."

"in his book, it said he was going to be a teacher. a science teacher because of his love for astronomy. he was supposed to be happily married to mizuno ran, his friend from middle school." he said.

"it said that he'd be working right here at kamome. if he was alive, we would've been coworkers." tsuchigomori said with a laugh. "they weren't supposed to die." he said sadly.

"not when they were still kids." yashiro frowned. "yugi amane was the only person to change his future. the twins had theirs ripped away. and like he said, he gave everything up." tsuchigomori said.

"he hasn't gone anywhere without her." he finished, and yashiro clutched her blanket. "this is as much as i can say. i don't have too much power but i'm always here to talk or help out." tsuchigomori said.

"i may not be human but i'm still you're teacher." he said with a small smile as he left the infirmary. riku flew through the curtains and hugged yashiro, surprising her.

she looked over at hanako and rika smiling at her softly. yashiro teared up and buried her face into riku's gakuran. "was it scary in tsuchigomori's boundary?" he asked and yashiro only hummed.

riku began petting her head soothingly. "are you okay? does your tummy hurt?" kou asked. hanako's eyes narrowed. "something happened." he whispered to rika, who tilted her head.

"sensei." rika said, catching tsuchigomori's attention. "what's the matter honorable number seven, lady number zero?" the teacher asked. "something's off about yashiro." hanako said.

"did you tell her something she didn't need to know?" he asked, his tone becoming dark and serious. "no. but we did discuss my yorishiro." tsuchigomori said.

"now that you mention it, what was your yorishiro?" the toilet ghost asked and the spider-teacher had told him to guess. "hmmm... a super pervy book!" hanako guessed. "amane!" rika hissed.

"wrong!" tsuchigomori said. "haha! i didn't think so!" hanako said with a little laugh as he hugged rika. tsuchigomori stared at the two ghosts. "you two never change." he said with a soft sigh.

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

published: 040620
edited: 000000