rumor no. 14

"rika-kun c'mon~ hand over your yorishiro~" hanako said, rubbing his cheek against rika's blushing one. "i-i can't just give it to you..." she said. "its somewhere where only i can find it..."

"then? let's go get it!" hanako said with a chuckle. yashiro smiled softly at her ghost friend being mushy with another ghost friend. "oh! maybe rikkun knows where its at!" hanako said.

"rikkun~! do you know where nono-chan's yorishiro is~?" riku looked up from his hanafuda game with the mokke. "i don't actually. rika-nee's my yorishiro but you already knew that." riku said.

hanako pouted. "rika-kun~! please~?" he asked, causing rika to sigh. "fine. but!" the girl said, closing her good eye and held up a finger. "only yashiro can come." she said, causing hanako to whine.

"but rika-kun!!!!" the boy whined, hugging her from behind and nuzzling his face into her gakuran. "besides... it'll be embarrassing if you see it." rika muttered, rubbing her left arm shyly.

hanako huffed playfully and let go of rika, allowing her and yashiro to go into the hallway twin's boundary. they walked around several corners until the hallways had a different look to them.

 they walked around several corners until the hallways had a different look to them

at the far end of the hallway was a wall of chests and a piano nearby it. as soon as the two girls neared the wall, some of the chests opened. inside were flowers, letters, and little notes.

"rika-chan, are these all the notes you told hanako-kun you lost?" yashiro asked, causing rika to blush. "y-yeah..." the hallway ghost said. "its a little embarrassing, but i like cheesy things like that."

rika floated up to the far left chest that didn't open and opened it, revealing a little moon keychain with a black seal on it. she took it out and smiled gently as she gazed at it.

"here." she said softly, floating back down to nene and handing her the keychain. "this is cute rika-chan! where did you get it?" yashiro asked, her red eyes sparkling.

"oh... just an old friend." she said, her supernatural heart becoming warm. "i'm sure you know what to do nene. you did it with yako's and tsuchigomori's." rika said, sitting down at the piano bench.

yashiro nodded and lifted the edge of the seal up, causing her yorishiro and her boundary to break. white light filled nene's vision as she prepared to see rika's memory of the keychain.

 white light filled nene's vision as she prepared to see rika's memory of the keychain

it was inside an old classroom. it was after school hours and it was dark. there were two kids sitting in the classroom, the moonlight was the only thing illuminating the room.

they stared out the open window, gazing at the moon. "you know amane..." the kid to the left, a girl with long hair, had started. "i think i wanna to go to the moon." she said softly.

the kid to the right, a boy with choppy hair, smiled and his eyes shined brightly. "me too nono-chan! we can go to the moon and get married at the space station! oh you'll look so pretty in space!" he said.

"we'll be yugi amane and yugi ran." amane said with a soft smile on his face, intertwining his fingers with ran's. ran's yellow-orange eyes widened. "yeah..." she said with a gentle, closed-eyed smile.

"oh! nono-chan, i got you something!" amane said, letting go of one of ran's hands to dig in his pocket. he pulled out a full moon keychain. "oh my!" ran started, putting her free hand to her mouth.

"hehe~ it matches mine!" amane said, holding up his keyring with a rocket ship keychain. he handed the moon keychain to ran and they both blushed a bright red that only the moon would be able to see.

"you know, nono-chan," amane starts. "you kind of remind me of the moon." he says. ran tilts her head. "how, amane?" she asks. amane hums as he thinks of reasons his crush reminds him of the moon.

"well, you're very bright like the moon's rays. you're beautiful and mysterious." the boy says, putting his free hand on ran's pale cheek. "you're always there, no matter what time." he says.

amane begins to blush. "and... i could stare at you for hours like i do with the moon." he murmers for only ran to hear. ran blushes bright red and squeals lightly as she buries her face into amane's chest.

the boy laughs before hugging her. "i'm sorry haha. was that cheesy?" he asked. ran shakes her head and looks up at the amber-eyed boy. "i could stare at you for hours too..." she whispers.

"we'll definitely get married at the space station..."

yashiro wakes up to find herself on a bed

yashiro wakes up to find herself on a bed. rika had brought the girl into the infirmary and she was sitting on the chair nearby with hanako on her left and kou on her right.

they were all asleep, rika's head on hanako's shoulder, hanako's on rika's head, and kou's on rika's shoulder. the daikon smiled lightly.

tuschigomori was arranging things in the infirmary and saw that yashiro was awake. "oh, you're awake." the spider supernatural said.

"so i take it you saw her memories too?" he asked and yashiro nodded. "those two... they really love each other. a lot. it kind of grossed me out when i saw them being so mushy towards each other." he said.

yashiro laughed lightly. 'i hope i could find someone who loves me as much as hanako loves rika and rika loves hanako.' she thought. "i think it's cute." yashiro says. she looks over to see riku sleeping by her bedside.

"those two were destined for each other. even in life after death." tsuchigomori said. "like i told you before, i was curious so i ended up reading their futures." he started.

"that girl would come home from her job as a nurse to comfort that boy who'd come home from his teaching job..." the teacher said with a sigh.

rika blinked open her eyes and saw nene awake. "oh yashiro... you're awake." she said with the same gentle smile yashiro saw her give to amane. hanako whined in his sleep and hugged the other ghost.

"i'm sure you saw it." rika said, her gaze softening. "i still very much want to get married at the space station..." she whispered, stroking hanako's cheek tenderly as a smile settled on her face.

"you and me, we'll marry at the space station." yashiro heard rika whisper to hanako's sleeping figure.

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

yes, i did write a mysmes reference ended up hurting my own feelings while writing this
also rika's yorishiro is the moon keychain amane has on the manga cover of volume 11

published: 040620
edited: 040920