rumor no. 16

kou had found yashiro in the gardens, tending to all of the flowers and removing any weeds. "oh! senpai!" he called out. "kou-kun, hello!" yashiro said with a smile.

"uhm... do you happen to know where rika is at? i wanted to ask her for help." kou said, scratching his cheek. "oh! i help you find her! i kinda want to talk with her too." yashiro said, dusting herself off.

the two students had decided to ask riku where his sister was only to find her in his boundary. "oh! rika-chan! kou-kun wanted to ask for your help." yashiro said.

"uhm... well... i'm really bad at cooking and so i wanted to know if you could come help." kou said, shyly. "oh! sure!" rika said and yashiro urged riku to come with them too.

 "oh! sure!" rika said and yashiro urged riku to come with them too

kou had asked rika and yashiro to make donuts. "i-i think you and rika should make them senpai! i'm horrible at cooking." kou said with a light blush. riku eyed the boy suspiciously but didn't do anything.

the two girls had ended up making perfect donuts and kou had quickly shoved some in a bag (without destroying them) with a yellow string and pushed yashiro and rika out of the home ec. lab.

"what was that for?" riku asked as he helped the youn exorcist clean up. "well.. senpai's been acting strange around hanako and rika. i think it might have to do with tsuchigomori-sensei's yorishiro." he said.

"she had told me what happened when we were out in the gardens. i told hanako to go to the rooftop so the three of them could talk." riku hummed. teru stood in the doorway as he watched his brother.

"kou." he said softly, catching the attention of both the ghost and the boy. "oh! nii-chan!" kou said excitedly while riku shivered lightly in fear of the older minamoto boy.

"its alright riku of the hallways. i'm not here to exorcise you." teru said giving a lopsided smile. "i was originally here helping kou with the donuts but he kicked me out." he said with a laugh.

the three boys had each grabbed a donut and took a bite. "mmm!!! rika sure knows how to make donuts! its no wonder hanako loves hers!" kou said. "yeah. she used to bake when we were alive." riku said.

"you didn't want to go with the girls?" teru asked and riku shook his head. "i think it would be better for the three of them to talk it out themselves." the hallway ghost said, and teru made a noise of recognition.

" the hallway ghost said, and teru made a noise of recognition

"what?! donuts?! for me?!" hanako asked, pointing to himself. "rika-chan and i helped kou-kun make them." yashiro said. hanako squealed excitedly and glomped rika into a hug.

"thank you little star!" hanako said unconsiously, making rika turn bright red. "d-don't use that nickname so suddenly!" the hallway ghost said, embarrassed.

yashiro smiled softly. "and yashiro... thank you too. you're back to normal." hanako said, patting yashiro's head softly. "normal? what do you mean?" the daikon girl asked.

she sat up on the picnic blanket she set up. "well... yeah... you've been acting a little strange towards us." rika said, playing with her gloves as she looked down at the ground.

"well... i don't care anymore! rika-chan! hanako-kun! and even riku-kun too! no matter how much trouble you are, i still like you as friends!" yashiro said. "so i'm gonna keep hanging around you!"

hanako and rika's eyes widened at the daikon's words. from the rooftop door, riku smiled. "anyways! let's have some donuts." yashiro said, untying the yellow ribbon around the bag of donuts.

rika clutched her skirt as a tearful smile came to her face. "another friend." she whispered happily and hanako smiled and patted her head. "are you sure you're okay with this?" hanako asked.

"with what?" yashiro asked, tilting her head. "well... its just that..." hanako started, but the bag of donuts started rustling and something had flown out of it. rika stood in front of yashiro to protect her.

hanako had stood in front of the girls to protect them. "that's.... a black crane?" yashiro asked. rika clicked her tongue. "i don't know what kind of apparition you are..." hanako started.

there was a sudden gust of wind and rika shielded yashiro with her body while hanako did the same for both girls. "we're having an important discussion." hanako said, drawing his knife.

rika had taken out her katana, ready to attack if needed. hanako had slashed the crane in half. the crane fell and suddenly there was laughter as black smoke had appeared from the paper.

the trio's hair flew all over the place as the black smoke mixed with a powerful gust of air. "i found you~!" a familiar voice had sang, causing rika's and hanako's hearts to drop.

"wow! that knife sure does take me back!" the voice said. "you're using it to protect her again? but you killed me?" hanako's eyes begin to tear up as rika starts to shake.

a boy begins to walk towards the trio. "long time no see. you do remember me, right amane? ran-nee?" the boy said, a smirk on his face.

 you do remember me, right amane? ran-nee?" the boy said, a smirk on his face

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

ngl... rat boi scares tf outta me

published: 040720
edited: 000000