rumor no. 5

"yah, you heard of anyone called hanako?" a young blonde boy asked one of the mokke. they quivered as they told him no and scurried off. "hmph... i'll find you and exorcise you hanako." the boy said.

today was just a day to relax so yashiro, hanako, riku, and rika decided to stay on the rooftop. yashiro and riku were reading while rika's head laid in hanako's lap, her long black hair being played with.

"ahh i wish a prince would fall from the sky." yashiro gushed, catching the attention of the ghosts. "uhm... yashiro-san..." riku said, laughing nervously. "i'm just kidding!" the daikon girl said.

"i know when to distinguish reality from fantasy." hanako deadpanned. "but! i do want someone to fall from the sky and defeat the evil spirit only to purify him so he could be with his love!" riku laughed nervously at the first year's wild imagination.

"it sounds like hana's getting exorcised." rika said with a soft laugh. hanako pouted and flicked the ghost girl's forehead in his lap. "but yashiro said i'll reunite with my love~" he said with a smirk, causing rika to blush.

"i found you!" a boyish voice said, slamming open the door to the rooftop. this caused the group to look up. "i finally found you, hanako-san of the toilets!" the boy said, pointing at hanako. "me?" the ghost boy asked, pointing to himself.

this caused rika to sit up and riku to look up with a confused look. "hana, i think that boy knows you." rika said. "minamoto kou from class 3-1 from the middle school building is the last name you'll hear before you pass!" the boy named kou had declared.

riku made a noise of realization. "he's a minamoto boy!" he said, snapping his fingers. "you're the wandering hallway twins!" kou said. "it must be my lucky day! i get to exorcise three spirits on one day! oh teru-nii's gonna be proud of me!" he said.

"not so fast." hanako said. "the one you want is me, right?" he asked, getting close to kou, which surprised him. rika had stood up, readying her tessen in her kimono sleeve. "little brother, protect yashiro-san." she muttered to her twin.

"alright." riku said, standing guard in front of yashiro. "riku-san?" the daikon girl muttered. "its okay. rika-nee and hanako are gonna take care of it." riku said. hanako had put his hand on the umbrella kou had and had gotten a shock of electricity.

rika's eye widened and she tried to pull hanako away only to get shocked herself. "for someone who's lived for decades, you're not very smart trying to hold an exorcist's weapon." kou said with a smirk as the two ghosts fell to the ground with a cough.

"come, hakujoudai." hanako said, but before he could transform, kou had shocked him. rika's tongue clicked and she pulled hanako towards her, getting shocked again. riku and yashiro watched as the two ghosts had tried to get the young exorcist away.

the two ghosts fell to the ground and yashiro ran out from behind riku, spreading her arms out in front of them as to protect them. "yashiro!" riku called out. hanako had his arms over rika protectively.

"whoa, what the hell- heck are you doing?! don't just jump in front of me dum...my..." kou said, flushing at the sudden appearance of yashiro. "who are you?" he asked. "yashiro nene, first year high school student!" yashiro said, a from on her face.

"senpai! please move! i'm going to exorcise the evil spirits!" kou said. "evil? you must be mistaken!" yashiro said. "i'm not! my grandmother had trouble sealing hanako of toilets!" kou said. "did you see the weapon he has? he killed someone with it!"

rika stood up next to yashiro, drawing her katana. "r-rika of the hallways!" kou stuttered, but still stood his ground. "senpai, you're being brainwashed! they used those weapons to kill people!" he said.

"aww~ guess my secret's out~!" hanako said, wrapping his arms around rika's shoulders. "why are you protecting them?" kou asked yashiro. "they're my friends!" she said, catching the three ghosts and kou by surprise.

after a little tussle, hanako had managed to put a seal on kou's staff. "you're hurting yourself. you can't even control its power yet." the ghost boy said. he ended up punching the boy in the stomach, knocking him out.

"winner! yay!" hanako said, glomping rika in a hug. "should we hide his staff?" yashiro asked. "why, are you worried about us~?" hanako asked. "of course! you're my friends!" the daikon said. "i see..." riku said with a sad smile.

"i guess you can even make friends with murderers yashiro." hanako said, clutching rika's gakuran sleeve. the three ghosts had left, leaving yashiro with an unconscious kou. "aish..." rika muttered.

"that girl is a handful." she said. "it's no wonder she's your assistant amane." riku said with a laugh.

" riku said with a laugh

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

published: 040320
edited: 000000