rumor no. 22

the boy pulled back the curtain, revealing his face. rika's eye widened. 'this is what hana meant...' she thought, small tears coming to her yellow eye. "hanako-kun?" yashiro whispered, a little confused.

"r-ran?" the boy asked. "nono-chan... nono-chan is that you?" he asked and rika's heart thumped irregularly. "amane?" rika asked, taking a step towards the boy.

suddenly rika was engulfed in a big hug. "y-you're here!" amane collided into rika's chest. "i'm here. its okay... i'm here..." rika whispered, hugging amane.
he looked up and saw yashiro behind her.

"ran, who is that?" amane asked, pointing to yashiro. "oh! this is one of my new friends, yashiro." rika said with a soft smile as yashiro waved. she didn't say much and let the boy named amane talk with rika.

 she didn't say much and let the boy named amane talk with rika

"amane, you're bleeding." rika said, gently taking ahold of amane's wrists. "what happened?" yashiro asked softly. "i-i..." amane started but rika shook her head. "its okay, you don't have to tell us." she said.

she looked down at the boy's appearance. his shirt had a few buttons undone and rika shivered as she remembered their past together. "amane... were you crying?" rika asked gently.

amane's amber eyes widened and he quickly rubbed his eyes. "i... i'm sorry ran..." he started but then quickly ran away. "goodbye!" amane started running out the classroom, not noticing he dropped something.

rika started to chase after him and yashiro had picked up a house key with a rocket ship keychain attached to it. "wait! you dropped-" yashiro started to say but a voice cut her off.

"found you~" hanako's voice said as hakujoudai had swam around rika and yashiro. "no wait! amane!" rika called out, reaching out towards the boy who's back was towards her.

 "no wait! amane!" rika called out, reaching out towards the boy who's back was towards her

yashiro and rika fell through hanako's toilet stall. riku had caught yashiro while hanako caught rika. "perfect landing~!" hanako sang as he put his arms around rika's waist.

"amane..." rika muttered, looking up at hanako with a teary yellow eye. "hm?" hanako asked, tilting his head. "you're wearing such strange clothes!" he said with a laugh, causing rika to look down at her attire.

"hang on one second." he said softly, a small smile coming to his lips. he wrapped rika in a type of fabric and hugged her tightly. "i missed you..." hanako mumbled. "you were gone too long..."

he spun rika around and she was back in her gakuran and skirt. "there we go!" hanako said with a grin. "this is more my style!" he said, putting his hands on rika's waist.

rika looked over at her brother and saw that yashiro was wearing her school uniform. she turned back to hanako who was smiling warmly at her. "welcome home nono-chan." he said softly.

rika's eye widened before her face melted into a smile. "yeah." she said softly, closing her eye. "i'm home."

yashiro stared at the two ghosts before her and clutched the keys behind her back

yashiro stared at the two ghosts before her and clutched the keys behind her back. she remembered tsuchigomori's words from when she had destroyed rika's yorishiro.

'those two were destined for each other. even in life after death....'

'whenever rika-chan is in danger or in trouble, hanako-kun always comes to her rescue.' yashiro thought, holding the keys to her chest. 'so that's why... she wants to protect him too...'

she saw rika and hanako smiling at each other. "yashiro, are you okay?" riku asked, putting a hand on her arm. yashiro looked up at the boy wandering hallway twin.

"yeah. just some thoughts clouding my brain." she said softly, hiding the keys from riku's sight, not knowing he actually already saw them. 'ah... they probably saw something.' riku thought.

he had a knowing smile on his face as he stared at his sister and hanako holding hands and smiling at each other shyly. riku brought yashiro in for a tight but comforting hug.

"i'm sure now you know more about their relationship." he whispered to yashiro as she hugged him back.

" he whispered to yashiro as she hugged him back

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

hanako n rika basically have an unspoken love for each other n i'm ;-; i luv them
also ty for 1k uwu

published: 041120
edited: 000000