rumor no. 10

kou and yashiro peeked in the door to see the rumored bookstacks. they stepped into the library and heard a splish. "water... so that means this is a boundary." yashiro said.

"we should be careful." kou said. "according to the rumor, we should be safe just as long we don't read the red books." yashiro said. "white books are people who are alive and black books are people who are dead."

"so hanako, rika, and riku's books should be black right? let's search!" kou said. the two students searched the bookstacks for hours, but to no avail. they couldn't find the ghost trio's books.

"its no use! we can't find anything about hanako-kun, rika-chan, or riku-kun!" yashiro said, defeated. a butterfly flew by and the two chased it. "follow it! it could lead us to something!" yashiro said.

the butterly had ended up landing on a book with yashiro's name on it. she reads through it to find that it is completely accurate. "urk!" she squeaks. "so! did you find anything?" kou asked.

"i found out the rumors are true!" yashiro said, shutting her book. kou decides to look for his own as yashiro gets to the future section of her book. 'she learn's school mysteries number 0 and 7's true identities.' she read.

'this is...!' yashiro heard a scream and looked up. she looked back down at the book in her hands and saw that it had turned red. 'no way! it was white just a second ago!' yashiro thought.

'i'm so close to finding out about rika-chan and hanako-kun!' she thought, lifting the page just a little as a growing figure was approaching her. "these are their real names.." she whispered to herself.

the figure had attacked yashiro and a shield went up around her. "senpai!" kou called out, catching yashiro from the step stool. they ran towards the entrance of the bookstacks and tried to open the door.

"damn it! it won't open!" kou cursed. he held his staff up. "if you wanna piece of me, come and get it!" he exclaimed, powering up his staff only for a tiny light to come out and die.

"damn that hanako!" kou yelled. "rika-chan! riku-kun! help!" yashiro screamed and the three ghosts had appeared in front of them, smirks on their ghostly faces. "you called?" they asked simultaneously.

they were in their supernatural battle clothes. rika's akajoudai were sitting on her pigtails like hair ties while one of riku's aoijoudai was on his chest. rika and hanako adorned their katana and knife respectively.

riku stood in front of kou and yashiro, neutralizing any incoming attacks with his large scissors. rika and hanako had swiftly taken care of the monster and it had turned into butterflies.

"hi kids~!" hanako said waving one hand while the other held rika's gloved one. "hanako-kun! rika-chan! riku-kun! you came for us!" yashiro said in relief. "of course!" hanako said and rika smiled.

riku looked behind him at yashiro and kou. he gently separated the two. "what...." kou asked as riku's yellow eyes narrowed like a cat to a mouse. "mm... nothing~" he said, holding yashiro close to him.

"he's warming up more." hanako said to rika with a smile. "he likes her that's why." she said with a little giggle. "ahh! what have you done?!" the teacher from before had said.

"ah.. look what you've done to my precious books..." he said. "what are you doing here?" kou asked. "sensei behind you!" yashiro screamed and the teacher had arms sprout from his back to rid of the monster.

"you're like dogs that won't stop yapping. its annoying! agh this is why i hate kids." the teacher said, his timid tone suddenly becoming gruff. his extra limbs had grabbed yashiro and kou.

"these books have turned red. you read the future entries didn't you? entitled brats." yashiro and kou gasped in shock. "now then..." a butterfly fluttered nearby and the teacher grabbed it at swallowed it.

"how are you planning on making this up to me?" he asked, a sadistic look on his face.

the hallway twins chuckled as hanako poked the spider-teacher's arm, catching his attention

the hallway twins chuckled as hanako poked the spider-teacher's arm, catching his attention. "don't be mean." hanako said, a soft smile on his face.

the spider-teacher sighed and dropped the two students. "yes, yes. i know, i know oh honorable number seven. i was just joking." he said. "i wouldn't lay a hand on the boss' guests."

the teacher had fished around his pockets to look for something. "oh right!" hanako said. "you haven't been introduced!" he said. "he's the curator of the 4pm bookstacks, tsuchigomori."

"play nice, alright?" hanako said as tsuchigomori exhaled smoke from his pipe. "i can't believe one of our teachers isn't human..." kou said. "it's not really that unusual." tsuchigomori said.

he then ent on to explain how some supernaturals blend in with the crowd. "but doesn't that mean we're in danger?" yashiro asked. "don't worry! you'll be fine!" yako said.

"we're here to make sure no one gets hurt." rika said with a smile. "we are the school mysteries!" hanako said, bringing rika in for a hug. he then explains that they're a team of nine friends keeping peace at the school.

"there's only five of you." kou said. "and yako-san was attacking students a little while ago." yashiro said, catching hanako's attention. "she's talking about you stupid kitsune." tsuchigomori said.

"shut up emo spider! i'll chew you up!" yako hissed. "and you're not friends." yashiro mumbled. "that's two out of five." kou whispered. "c'mon you're embarrassing me!" hanako said with a laugh.

"now play nice." he said, flashing his knife as his tone becomes dark. "yes sir." the spider and the fox say. "well, like i was saying, we keep the peace here at the school." hanako starts.

"but apparently among us seven, is a traitor." the twins look away, dejected looks on their faces. hanako explains what the traitor and their human could be doing.

"number two and number zero were both victims, though number zero never got summoned." hanako said, bringing rika and riku in two side-hugs. "its one thing to change a rumor of a minor supernatural with no seat number." tsuchigomori said.

"but if they're that powerful to change the rumors of one of us seven mysteries..." he starts. "then whoever they are must have a human tied to them." yako finishes.

"you mean, there's someone out there like me?!" yashiro asked, pointing to herself. "yeah..." riku said, petting yashiro's hair softly. "we don't know who it is. that was what our meeting was about." rika said.

"and i had an idea!" hanako said, rubbing his cheek against rika's. "we should just get rid of the seven mysteries for a while!" he said, spinning rika around.

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

over 1000 words again hehe

published: 040520
edited: 000000