rumor no. 6

rika and riku had ventured into hanako's bathroom for a casual chat. the students were too dilligent to skip so there wasn't anyone to give good or bad luck to.

"hey, you remember when we'd all sneak out to the roof and gaze at the moon and stars?" riku asked from up top the bathroom stall. rika and hanako blushed bright red at a certain memory.

"oh no, you better not have done anything nasty up there!" riku said. "no, no. its just..." rika started. "that's where we made our promise." hanako said, smiling at rika softly.

••

"promise me

"promise me..."

"why would you say something like that?!"

"...i promise once i find you..."

••

"i'll be back. i'm gonna go check something out really quick." rika said, giving a small smile and wave before floating outside the bathroom, leaving the two ghost boys alone in the girls' bathroom.

"you still like her, huh?" riku teased, causing hanako to flush and stutter. "i-i, well.. we uhm.. she's just..." yashiro and kou had then bursted into the restroom, saving hanako from riku's question.

the daikon girl explains that her friend had gone missing and kou had agreed but soon rebuttled that hanako had done something for their friends to be taken away and have no one remember them.

"it might have been the misaki stairs." riku says, tapping his chin. he looked over at hanako, giving a look as to confirm their suspicions. "wait.. where's rika-chan?" yashiro asked.

the two ghost boys looked at each other. "you don't think..." hanako started. "they are good friends..." riku said, his eyebrows furrowing under his hitaikakushi.

"we're coming along." hanako said. the four had gone to the staircase leading to the art room and stepped on the fourth step, leading to misaki's boundary.

it took them a little while to find the necessary body parts but they got to the top of misaki's stairs where they met with the second school mystery. "ah.. misaki." hanako said with a smirk.

"where is aoi?!" yashiro yelled. "where is my sister?" riku asked gently. 'misaki' chuckled gently. "why, number zero is here~ along with your friends~" she said.

she put a hand on rika's doll-like cheek and on her chest. "i've turned respectable lady number zero into a doll! she came once she heard of the disappearances of students~!" 'misaki' said.

"i didn't want to, but she ran out of time so i made her into one of my dolls!" hanako's jaw clenched as riku sighed. "hanako, riku, do something!" kou pleaded seeing yashiro's tearful gaze.

"we can't." riku said. "i can't do anything unless her yorishiro is destroyed." hanako said. "where is her yorishiro located?" yashiro asked. hanako had theorized where 'misaki's' yorishiro would be.

he send yashiro and riku down to the bottom while he and kou had bought the two of them time. "you can't do this to her, yako." hanako said, becoming angry.

"...i'm sorry honorable, number seven." the woman whispered. "my rumor.. i have to abide by it." she said. kou had blocked an incoming attack from 'misaki's' scissors.

yashiro and riku had figured out that the yorishiro they were looking for was a pair of shears that the woman was gifted by a teacher named misaki. the woman shouted at them to stop.

hanako panted, and tangled 'misaki' in ropes. "yashiro, rikkun, hurry!" he shouted. "stop it!" the woman yells, commanding dolls to attack riku and yashiro.

"yashiro, go!" riku said, shoving the daikon girl up the stairs while he defends yashiro and himself with his own pair of scissors. yashiro peels off the talisman seal off of the shears, causing her boundary to break.

"you have abandoned your duties as a school mystery." hanako said, adorning his cape and knife. "i need you to return your seat number." he said, attacking the woman.

••
•••

••••••

•••
••

"ran-nee! ran-nee!!"
"ran! nono-chan! please!"

˚₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

published: 040420
edited: 040920