ONE ; one direction

( Chapter One 

ONE DIRECTION

real life ft. Diana

"Cry out loud once."

All that I have to do is stroll in, smile a little, answer a couple of questions then it's over. This whole mess could be made with. Damn, I could be getting in a shift at Lucy's right now. But no, just because a wealthy person snaps their fingers, that suddenly means their every demand must be followed.

Straight bullshit.

"What do you mean a girl!" A voice interrupted my train of thought.

Looking up from where I've been sitting for the last 30 minutes, I gave the teenage-looking receptionist an annoyed look. She returned it right back to me...I like her already.

"Is she pretty-"

"-But why I thought we-"

"Yeah! A girl?"

All the voices overlapped each other, making it close to nearly impossible even to begin to try and hear one person's whole sentence without somebody else interrupting.

What a rude bunch.

I am just praying to a whatever higher being that is responsible for my life, that they would, for once, help me out because I swear if that's the room my meeting is in, I might fly back home right now.

"Guys! Enough. It will all be explained, I promise. Now sit down." Yelled a man over the rest of the voices.

After what seemed like an eternity, but in reality, it was only a couple of seconds of more waiting, the door straight ahead of me opened. Walking out of it was Simon Cowell, the producer of The X-factor, one of the world's most famous television music competitions.

Also, one of the most prominent people-pleasers I've ever experienced, and I mean that in the worst way possible.

The X-Factors is the TV show I auditioned for but didn't get very far onwards with. The judges claimed to "love" my voice. And I'll admit I have some natural talent, my voice rains of emotion and strength, cocky I know. But it just wasn't enough for Mr. People pleaser and the rest of the panel.

I was this close to the finish, only one ranking away from making it to the next round. Just tough luck, I guess. After so, I was soon forced back to the reality of my old life, going back to schooling and trying to make money for a living.

"Come on in, Diana." Simon requested.

When I walked into the room, the first thing I noticed was all of the posters. They all seemed to have an autograph on them. Maybe, people, Simon knows or even mentored, I wondered.

The second thing I noticed was the round table, sitting around the said table where the boys I must have heard loudly talking not even moments ago.

They all were staring at me, their faces experiencing all different types of emotions, from delight to even distress.

Giving them a wave to try and stop their intense stares, I started to wonder why the hell I said yes to this trip in the first place.