Chapter One: Insomnia and Animal Crossing

He just couldn't sleep.

Try as he might, his brain just wouldn't let him. It wasn't like he was thinking of anything; his mind was completely empty of thought, but the feeling of sleep was slowly leaving his body. He sighed into the darkness of his room.

Stupid insomnia... he thought as he tumbled out of his bed. Leo had dealt with his fair share of insomnia, and though he wasn't too fond of it, he did tend to have a solution to his problem. He walked over to where his switch was located and grinned when the sound of a familiar click was heard when he turned it on. The slider walked back to his bed to play with his device, pondering over which game he should play first.

"I could knock out a couple of levels of Smash," he whispered to himself. He shook his head lightly; though the idea was good, he wasn't in the mood to cover his screams if he didn't beat one of the characters... and potentially wake up his family in the process. He scrolled through his games, shaking his head at every one of them. He set his switch down on his bed and sighed once again, discouraged by his attempts. He stared up at the ceiling, waiting for an idea to come into his head. It took a while, but one did appear in his mind.

"Donnie has some games," he said with a grin. "I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I looked at a few."

He walked over to his brother's room, careful not to make too much noise. Though he knew Donnie was in the lab, he wasn't exactly a hundred percent sure, and he didn't want to be careless in case the purple masked genius was in his room. As Leo crept into the room, he looked around and sighed in relief as his brother was nowhere to be seen. Thanks to the low glow of a lamp in the room, the mutant slider easily saw where he needed to go. He headed over to the stack of games that Donnie had for his own switch and looked through them as quickly as he could. Each game he (quietly) tossed to the side until he found one he liked. He held it in his hands, staring at the case.

"Animal Crossing," he said with a smile. "I forgot he had this!"

As Leo began to pick up the other games, he realized that there was another copy of the game that he had found. He held both copies in his hands, looking at them confused.

"Now why would he have two?" he questioned. He just shrugged as he took both of the copies to his room, happy that he had completed his mission without his brother finding-

"And why are you leaving my room?" he heard a voice say. Leo stopped in his tracks, cursing to himself as he turned around to see a very tired looking Donnie.

"Hey Donnie," he said with a sheepish smile on his face. "What are you doing up?"

"I should ask you the same question," his brother returned. "Also, as I asked earlier, why were you in my room?"

Leo hid the games behind his back, hoping his (slightly older) twin didn't notice. "Just wanted to say hi," he lied. Donnie raised an eyebrow at him, and Leo could feel his glare, even through the darkness of the lair.

"Then why didn't you come to the lab?"

"Thought you were in your room..."

Donnie looked over to where Leo's hands were and realized that he was holding something. He walked over to his brother and watched as the slider tried to step away from him. He grabbed one of the games from his hands, only to sigh when Leo started to laugh nervously.

"How'd those get there?" Leo tried to act surprised, only to get another sigh from his twin.

"Leo, if you wanted to play Animal Crossing, you could have just asked," Donnie replied. Leo only smiled, thinking that he was able to play without any lectures. Donnie walked into his room; and since Leo thought he was off the hook, he began to walk back to his room too. He sat back on his bed and put the game cartage into his switch, grinning as the raccoons Timmy and Tommy ran on the screen. He then heard shuffling at his door and was surprised to see Donnie standing in the doorway.

"You really think I was gonna let you play by yourself?" Donnie said with a slight smile as he walked over to his brother. "I have to build up my island anyway."

Leo smiled at his brother and continued setting up his game. He then turned to the genius, wanting to ask him something.

"Hey, Donnie,"

"Hm?"

"Why do you have two copies of the game?"

"For nights like this," his brother responded. He then looked up at Leo. "I knew one of these nights you were going to go into my room for games, so I bought another one incase. And you better be glad that I transfered my data because you're playing on my game cartridge."

Leo only smiled at his brother. Soon after Leo got far enough in the game, he was able to invite Donnie onto his island, and both of the brothers helped build up each other's island. There were the occasional times where he would hit Donnie on the head with his net; but other than that, the brothers had a great time in their deserted islands. These nights started to become a trend; and whenever one of the twins couldn't sleep, they went into the other's room and played Animal Crossing until one of them fell asleep.