Chapter Sixteen: Part of the Family

To all readers:

I'm alive! I know, I know, it's been a while, but I haven't had motivation to update this book since the last chapter. I've kinda been putting it off because of this, and I wanted to let you guys know what was up. But because of the newest episodes of Rottmnt coming out, I have many ideas in my head for this book. That being said...

This chapter contains small amounts of spoilers from the newest episodes of Rottmnt. I don't want to spoil it for people who haven't seen the episodes yet, so consider yourselves warned. Without further ado, please enjoy!

Sincerely,

CoolKat :3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mikey jumped from rooftop to rooftop, happily gliding as he went. It was rare when he got to be alone on the building tops of New York, and he enjoyed being by himself and having some alone time outside of the lair. He stopped jumping and looked down onto the city of New York, smiling as he gazed. The humans had looked so peaceful; though he did want to talk to them, he knew he couldn't do so.

He had to stick to the shadows, and he didn't want to scare the humans off. So he sat on the rooftop with his legs dangling over the sides. Just then thunder was heard, and Mikey jumped a bit. He knew that there was rain in the forecast, so he brought his umbrella just in case. Though he did want to enjoy his time a little bit longer, he didn't want to be caught up in the rain. He didn't know why Leo liked the rain so much, but Mikey hated how the rain felt on his scales. It made him feel slimy, and he didn't exactly want to feel like that on the way home. The box turtle stood up and walked away from the edge, making sure to look down once more to see how happy everyone seemed to be. He began to jump from the rooftops again when he spotted someone that looked familiar. He stopped on one of the roofs and looked down.

"Is that..." Mikey stared at the figure below. He gasped once he realized who it was. "Draxum?!"

Draxum was wrapped up in a brown cloth with a cardboard sign beside him. He looked to be shivering, and he wasn't too happy. Mikey stared for a bit longer before deciding to hop down and walk toward him. He knew that Draxum was a threat to them, but something inside of the box turtle told him to walk towards the enemy. He didn't know why, but he just didn't like seeing Draxum suffer, especially not like this.

Once Mikey began to get closer, it had begun to rain. He pulled out his umbrella and walked towards Draxum. The sheepman looked up and recognized Mikey, turning his head in the opposite way in response.

"Hey," Mikey said with a smile. Draxum didn't look up at him, but Mikey sat down beside him and held the umbrella over both of their heads. Draxum looked at the umbrella and back down at the ground. Mikey looked around at the scene in front of him, and he saw that the people around them were walking quickly. They didn't really like the rain either, and they walked to try and get out of it as fast as they could. He looked at the sign beside the sheep man and read what it said: "Will Mutate for Food". Mikey frowned slightly; he didn't like seeing his enemy like this. A couple of days ago, he was as strong as ever in the dark armor. Now, he looked all shriveled up and miserable. He just wanted to help him, but he didn't know how.

"Why are you here?" Draxum asked suddenly. He didn't look at Mikey when he talked, but the box turtle still smiled when he was acknowledged.

"Just wanted to help you out," Mikey said with a grin. "You looked like you needed company."

Draxum looked out from under the umbrella and into the horizon. Mikey knew it would take a while for him to talk, but something inside of him was telling him to stay. Mikey just needed a way to get him to talk more, but he didn't know what would motivate him. He then got an idea in his head.