Chapter Four: Relaxing Hours

It was times like this that Raph enjoyed.

He sat on the couch knitting himself a sweater. This had been his go-to hobby for a while now; a quiet and relaxing thing to do when he was bored or just wanted to do something new. He would make his brothers things all the time; like sweaters in the winter, and socks when they ran out (or when they occasionally lost them in the wash). But he would rarely sit down and make himself something, which added to the enjoyment. The idea that he would wear it a couple of hours later just made him ecstatic. But things like this took time; and since he didn't want to mess up or ruin a stitch, he kept his excitement to a minimum as he continued to knit. He would occasionally play music on his phone to make time go by faster, but most of the time he sat in silence. He heard a noise in the room next to him, and as he looked up he saw his younger brother in the kitchen.

"Hey Leo," he said with a smile. "What'cha doing?"

Leo looked up from his place in the kitchen. He was holding a mug in his hands. "Just making myself some tea," he answered. He looked down at what Raph was creating. "Are you making us more socks?"

Raph shook his head. "No, just making myself a sweater," he replied. "It's rare when I'm able to make myself something, so I decided to make me a sweater before you guys ran out of socks again."

Leo nodded his head as he continued to make his tea. Raph went back to knitting and the room fell silent again. Once Leo was done, he took his mug into the living room and sat in the chair across from Raph, watching his brother in silence. Raph never minded when his brothers watched him as long as they didn't ask him too many questions, and Leo was doing just that.

"So how long does it usually take you to make things like that?" Leo asked.

"Just a couple of hours," Raph said as he looked up from his creation in progress.

Leo nodded as he took another sip of his tea. Raph looked at Leo for a while until he got a thought in his head.

"You can try if you want to," he told his slider brother. "It's not that hard to do, and I can teach you the basics."

Leo looked up from his mug. He looked at the basket of yarn, and then back at Raph. He then smiled as he took out a ball of blue yarn from the basket, along with a pair of knitting needles.

"Sure," he said to Raph. "Shouldn't be too hard to do."

Raph smiled as he walked over to the couch where his brother was sitting. He liked moments like this where he could teach his brothers one of his talents. He sat down and showed Leo how to do his first stitch; and though it took a while, Leo caught on quickly. He was only making socks to start with (so he wouldn't get overwhelmed with his first project), but he was having fun. He soon pulled out his earbuds and phone to listen to music; the two sitting in silence, with the occasional humming along to his music from Leo. After two hours, Leo finished his socks before Raph and grinned at his creation.

"Look at that," he said out loud. "Not too bad."

The slider put the socks on his feet and wiggled his toes in his new footwear. Raph smiled at Leo's new fashion as he finished the last stitch on his sweater. He held it up for Leo to see, and he got a compliment in return.

"Nice sweater Raph," Leo said. "Lots of red."

Raph grinned at his brother. It was moments like this that he enjoyed; knitting in a quiet room and sharing an experience with his brothers, even if it were only for a couple of hours.