Chapter Eighteen: Topside Tots

Hey guys! This is a chapter with the turtles being children, and I got this idea from PhoenixIsMyName. The ages of the boys are as followed: Raph-8, Leo and Donnie-7, and Mikey-6. This idea was a cute one and I love writing about the boys as young children. Alright, let's begin!

Sighed,

Coolkat :3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lair wasn't exactly quiet today. Leo and Mikey were running around and playing, while the two older turtles sat and watched them. Raph laughed as he watched while Donnie looked up occasionally from his book. Soon Mikey had gotten tired and laid stretched out on the floor as Leo stopped and did the same. They laid there for a while, making the lair quiet once again. Leo then sprung up suddenly, scaring Mikey in the process.

"Hey, I have an idea," he said out loud.  "What if we went topside?"

"Oooo!" Mikey beamed. "Yeah, I wanna go topside!"

Raph shook his head. "Come on guys, you know we can't do that," he told them. "Pops'll get mad."

"He doesn't have to find out," Leo replied. "We're ninjas, after all, we can be sneaky!"

"I have to agree with Raph," Donnie spoke up. "We haven't had that much training, so we aren't that skilled-"

"I bet you can find something for your inventions out there," Leo started to tell the genius. "Maybe even find that uranium you wanted."

"We're going topside, Raph," Donnie quickly changed his mind.

"Are you guys serious?!" Raph sighed. "We can't!"

"Stop being such a baby, Raph," Leo told the snapping turtle.

"Yeah, don't be a baby, Raphie," Mikey mimicked.

"I'm not," he told them. "I'm just looking out for you guys. What if you get hurt?"

Raph hadn't even finished his sentence as Leo walked towards the exit.

"I'm going topside," he announced (but not too loudly so that he didn't alert Splinter). "You can stay if you want to, Raph."

He walked out the lair as Mikey quickly followed.

"Hey!" Raph called. "Come back!"

He looked down at Donnie and saw him shrug, the softshell following the others. Raph sighed as he got up and went after them. He was the oldest, after all, he had to look out for his brothers.

~~~~~

Raph had finally caught up with the other turtles; they were sitting on the ledge of a building, gazing down at the city below. Their eyes glowed with excitement.

"Alright team," Leo spoke up. "What do we do first?"

"What we do is go back home," Raph told the group. "People are gonna see us, and Pops will find out that we're gone."

"I'm not going back until I find uranium," Donnie announced. "Or until I find something for my inventions."

"Yeah, Raphie," Mikey said. "Stop being such a downer."