Chapter Forty: Simular in Many Ways

Hey everyone!

Ok, let me just say that those episodes from last night were amazing! Omg, I had so many emotions!!!

That being said, this chapter does contain a small number of spoilers from those episodes, so if you haven't watched them yet you might wanna skip this chapter.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Coolkat :3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leo sighed as he started the next movie on the TV.

It was three in the morning, and he was wide awake due to the usual case of insomnia. He didn't fight it anymore since it was so common for him to just be up late at night, so he would go and watch movies in the living room until he fell asleep or until his other brothers got up. That would be hours later, and he would be groggy by then.

But with every passing movie, he couldn't enjoy them. He had his mind set on something else.

...If he was a true member of the team.

It was really starting to get on his nerves. He knew that he was wanted, appreciated, and loved by his family and his friend April, but the back of his brain told him he was useless. These thoughts would pop up in his head at random, and no matter how hard he tried to forget it, they would rush back to his brain.

Talking it out didn't help either...

Well, maybe it would if the slider wasn't so stubborn. If he let his brothers ask him about this topic, maybe he would be more willing to tell them how he truly felt. Maybe he would show them that he felt worried, scared, and just utterly useless.

Mikey even tried to use Dr. Feelings on him once, and though the box turtle thought that everything was all good now, Leo would just mask it behind the millions of one-liners and smiles he had.

Raph wasn't the best to talk to either. He was good at feelings; sure, but he just didn't understand Leo.

And Donnie was way out of the question.

He didn't like feelings at all, so why would he know or care about how Leo felt?

Sighing again, he paused the movie and just stared into the darkness. It wasn't like he was watching it anyway, and the quiet was nice.

He then heard footsteps approaching and he turned around, smiling softly as he saw his twin. Sure, Donnie wasn't good at feelings, but they could always talk about other things.

And Leo was definitely gonna make sure they talked about anything other than his problems.

Once Donnie finished up making the coffee he came for, he took his mug and sat beside Leo on the couch, the two sitting in silence as he drank.

"Working in the lab?" Leo asked with a smile.

Donnie nodded in response and sat his mug on the coffee table, looking up at the TV.

"What are you watching?" he asked the slider.

"Nothing now," Leo answered. "I got bored."

It went silent again as Donnie stared at the screen, trying to see the name of the movie before Leo had paused it.

"Insomnia?" Donnie asked him.

"Yeah, she's the worst," Leo sighed. "It sucks that I have to stay awake because of it."