Chapter Twenty-Five: Experiments are Necessary-Part One

Hey guys! This chapter is a part of a three-part series for this book. The chapters are gonna be spread out since I don't want to burn myself out while writing them, but they will each include one weapon and one turt. Also, any request you guys have for chapters, please give them to me. I'm hit with writers' block and have nothing ;-;... (I will get to your request SilvertheTMNTfan, I just want to hold off on the angst chapters since I already did one with Don last chapter, and that thing was 3000 words...). But I hope you guys enjoy this one!

Coolkat :3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today had been pretty calming.

Sure, it was kinda boring when you think about it. All the slider had been doing was sitting in his room all day listening to music, but he loved it. He wanted to have a relaxing day off; no fighting, no training, just some time to himself. So when he got interrupted by one of his brothers, he couldn't exactly say he was happy about it. What he was surprised about though, was that the turtle who decided to cut in on his lull sensation was his softshell of a twin.

"Donnie?" Leo questioned as he took off his headphones. "Wow, I never thought I'd see the day that you would actually want to talk to me."

"Ha ha," Donnie said passionless. "I actually need your help with something."

"Like what?" the slider pondered.

"I was gonna ask you to help me with an experiment-" Donnie began, soon getting interrupted by Leo.

"Oh no," Leo said. "The last time I helped you with an experiment, it nearly got us both killed. I'm not in the mood to die today."

"Ok, that was because you touched the wrong cord," Donnie told him. "You were supposed to connect the red wire with the black knob, not the other way around."

"How am I supposed to know that?" Leo asked. "I'm not a scientist!"

"I know that," Donnie said as he rolled his eyes. "Clearly. But I told you what to do about ten times, and the fact that you still forgot is beyond me."

"Still," Leo said as he grabbed his headphones again, ready to put them on. "I'm not doing any more experiments with you."

"Alright, suit yourself," Donnie said as he turned around. "I guess I'm just gonna have to ask someone else to use your sword and help me out."

That got the slider's attention.

"Wait, what?!" he asked, running up to the softshell. "You need my sword?"

"Technically I need someone to operate it," Donnie told him. "But yes, I need your sword."

"Why?" Leo pondered.

"I wanna see how much we don't know about your weapon," Donnie explained. "I'm gonna do this with everyone's weapons, and I figured yours would be the easiest to start with. That, and your room is the closest to mine."

"Oh," Leo said. He then started to grin. "Sure, I could go for a little experimenting. Especially one that doesn't blow me up."

"Alright then," Donnie said as he walked out of the slider's room. "Get your sword and meet me in the lab."

~~~~~

Leo portaled himself and Donnie out to the woods to start the first examination. They were gonna need a lot of space to do this and turns out the woods was perfect for the job. Leo had also teleported them to a spot without that many trees, so that was also a plus.