Chapter Twenty-Six: Togetherness (and Potentially Going Crazy)

Heyyooo! I got this chapter idea from PhoenixIsMyName. I'm in need of other chapter ideas, so if you guys have any, please give me them ;-; (commenting them is fine)

Coolkat :3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been surprisingly quiet.

Maybe a little too quiet... By now, Donnie would have at least heard one of his brothers walk into the lab; asking him to either repair something they have broken or to see what he was doing. It would usually be Mikey or Leo, but someone would have interrupted him. But no one was there at the moment, and the softshell couldn't help but feel a bit grateful.

Donnie wasn't working on anything major, he was just running some codes. Though it did feel nice to have a little tranquility every now and then.

He was shortly brought out of his concentration by something metal clamping onto his skin.

"What in the..." The softshell looked up and groaned once he discovered who the culprit was.

"Hey Don," Leo said with a grin.

"What are you doing?" Donnie questioned the slider.

"Well, we haven't spent a lot of time together lately," Leo started.

"I honestly would like for it to stay that way," Donnie mumbled.

"So, I was thinking," Leo continued; ignoring the genius' remark. "What other way to spend time together than to literally be connected to each other?"

Donnie stared at Leo with a frown. Leo then clamped on the handcuffs onto his own arm, making the connection perminant.

"You can't be serious," Donnie rolled his eyes.

"Its the only way we're gonna be able to bond without you running off," Leo grinned.

"You better have the key with you," Donnie remarked.

"Relax," Leo said as he patted the pouch on the side of his shell. "It's right in here. No way I can lose it."

"I need to finish this code," Donnie said to the slider as he looked back at his computer.

"Well, unless you can do that with your right arm connected to me," Leo smirked. "I don't think you're gonna be getting any work done today."

"Great," Donnie sighed.

"So, I had a couple of things we could do," Leo started again. "We could go walk around the city, but we've seen most of New York already."

"Ok..." Donnie replied, not understanding what the slider was getting at.

"So we're going to just hang around the lair and see how this goes," Leo smiled. "A little challenge, that is, if you can take it."

"I really don't have a choice," Donnie said as he lifted the arm that had the handcuff.

"Great!" Leo replied as he began to walk forward, forgetting that he was pulling Donnie. He looked back and laughed slightly. "Uh, that means follow me, Don."

"This is gonna get tiring real quick," Donnie mumbled to himself as Leo dragged him out of the lab.

~~~~~

"You guys are seriously doing this?" Raph smiled.

"I can't believe Donnie agreed to this," Mikey chuckled.