Chapter Nine: Thought Process

Left out... nothing in common with the others.

That's what he felt like. He had three brothers, all with amazing talents of their own. One was a scientist, the other was skilled in strength and the last a young artist. And what did he have? Some stupid one-liners? He was the face man, after all, but no talents came with it. He couldn't draw, he couldn't create cool inventions, and he couldn't lift up strong things. Heck, he couldn't even knit, another talent that his older brother had.

Leo got in this mindset from time to time, and every time he did, he tried to stop it. But once he started thinking of stuff like this, it was hard for him to stop.

Most of the time these thoughts would happen late at night; and like his insomnia, it would prevent him from sleeping. He sat in his bed, looking at the ceiling, forced to think the thoughts in his head.

He wanted to be talented like his brothers. He didn't know what he wanted, but he knew he wanted more than just to be a face man. He got love from his family, and he couldn't ask for any other brothers. But he just wasn't getting what he wanted. He wanted... he wanted...

HE WANTED THEM TO TRUST HIM! THEY DIDN'T TRUST HIM WITH ANYTHING! 

The plans that he made, the time that he put into them, they were all a waste. His brothers never trusted him, and yeah, he isn't the leader, but he just wanted his brothers to realize he had more to him than just some stupid jokes. He wanted them to believe in him, to follow his plans, to praise him when they worked out. But all they did was judge him, they said that he wanted attention.

Sure, he did want attention... but that was only to feel like he was appreciated! To feel like he had a purpose. To feel as if he belonged in this family. Sometimes he wondered if this family would be better off without him...

But he couldn't think these thoughts! His family needed him... right? He was important to them to defeat the villains and be a better team... right?

Of course he was! He was valued, loved, and supported by his brothers and father. And the team wouldn't be the same without him!

And yet... he still couldn't help but doubt himself. Everything he did just never worked out. Even his sword had troubles. His brothers encouraged him, but the slider couldn't help to feel as if they were mocking him; laughing at his downfalls. He didn't want to feel like this, but his brain wouldn't stop.

He looked at his clock on his desk. 1:48 a.m.. He sighed into the darkness of his room. He knew how this would go; he would be in this mindset for the rest of the morning, and when he would go to breakfast, he would act like nothing had happened. He would be tired, bags forming under his eyes, and he would just play it off. 

He knew his brothers wouldn't think anything of it. They wouldn't be able to tell that he was hurt; to tell that he wasn't ok. Leo sometimes thought they didn't care about him, thus making him go deeper into these thoughts. He couldn't stop himself, his brain just kept going and he couldn't stop it.

It was 1:56 a.m., and the mutant slider was crying in his bed, wondering if his family actually needed him.