Chapter Thirty-Two: Experiments are Necessary- Part Two

It had been three days since Donnie had experimented with Leo's odachi.

Though it was kinda fun to see what all it could do, he couldn't exactly say that he wanted to be pushed into a portal that day. It made him feel sick, and that made him regret choosing Mikey even more.

But he had definitely learned from that mistake. He got up from his desk and headed to his younger brother's room, smiling a little once he spotted the box turtle drawing as usual.

As Donnie began to enter the room, the orange masked turtle turned around once he heard the footsteps. Mikey looked back and smiled at his genius brother.

"Hey Dee," Mikey beamed. "What's up?"

"Nothing really," Donnie replied as he walked over to stand beside his brother. "Just working in my lab."

"Oh," Mikey said as he looked back at his drawing. He then looked up at his brother with confusion.

"You usually don't come out of your lab when you're working though..." Mikey remarked. "Is something up?"

Donnie smiled at his brother as he began his explanation.

"Well youngest brethren," he began. "I've been working on a bit of tests to do with your mystic weapon. I wanna see everything your kusari-fundo can do."

"Ooo, cool!" Mikey exclaimed.

"Exactly," Donnie grinned. "I'm going to do it with everyone's weapons."

"Am I the first person you're gonna test?" Mikey asked.

"No, I already tested Leo's sword," Donnie replied.

And I don't want to relive that again... The softshell thought to himself.

"In any case," Donnie continued. "There's going to be a couple of experiments and tests with your weapon, and we should be able to figure out everything that your weapon is able to do."

"And hopefully it won't be as bad as the last test I've done," Donnie then mumbled to himself.

"Oh cool!" Mikey exclaimed. "When do we start?"

"Right now actually," Donnie told him. "We can start off in the garage."

~~~~~

The tests for Mikey's weapon had been going pretty well so far. Nothing crazy had happened yet, and Donnie was glad that the box turtle's weapon hadn't gone haywire.

"Alright Michael," Donnie said as he jotted down some notes. "I wanna see if your weapon stays active even if you swing it for a while."

"Ok," Mikey smiled as he got into position. "This shouldn't be too hard."

He swing his kusari-fundo in different directions; the fire and face coming back to it. At first, everything seemed fine and normal, that is until it got more powerful with every swing.

"Um... Dee?" Mikey questioned, struggling to keep a grasp on his weapon. He turned to his brother confused.

"Is this supposed to happen?"

"I don't know, it's your weapon," Donnie answered, also looking confused. "Has it done this before?"

"Not from what I can- Whoa!" Mikey started before he was yanked off the ground by his weapon. He was flung around the room while he screamed in fear as Donnie stared in shock. The softshell then shook his head to recenter his thoughts as Mikey screamed at him.