OCHO

Hey. It's the period of covid 19 and I hope y'all are okay. Wash your hands, use your face mask and stay safe x.

Brandon's POV

It was night and all I could think of was how I would grab my baby and roll on her till I could just close my eyes and sleep. Couldn't think of the mistakes I've made but just rest on my baby. Oh yeah, my baby is my bed. She's so beautiful covered in white garments that makes her more sexy. She calls me out all the time and she goes "Bran have you rested? Come rest easy."

The fact that that cop didn't even recognize me was to my advantage.

I got out of the Maserati and walked into the mansion my dad built with his own money. Trust me, my body was the heaviest thing on earth at that moment. I saw a call from Demorte but I didn't give a damn...for now though. I just wanted to sleep!

I didn't want anyone to notice my presence but my mom would never allow that. She hurriedly rushed to hug me like I had gone missing and was found.

"Son." She rested her head on my chest and I hugged her. Oh well, she loved me so much cause there was no other child. My younger sister died five years ago. She was just a sick child. I miss her though.

"How did you find me?"

She looked up at me smiling. "I'll always find you. Come on, your dad has been waiting."

"What for?" I said in disgust. "I had a long day and resting is the best thing right now."

'I shot a girl.' My subconscious added.

"Ssshhh." She dragged me to the dining where my dad was eating. Oh great. This same table where he told me to leave my house and stay with the family for security purposes since the elections were about to begin. My mom was the happiest that day.

I sat on the farthest chair to his. I didn't want any discussion too long. My mom pecked me and excused us. He was drinking soup. Didn't care what soup it was but it filled my nostrils.

"Why were you out so long?"

I frowned. "You should have just left me in my house if you were going to be interrogating me."

"And have you killed? If anyone's gonna kill you, it would be me."

Okay, fuck this nonsense. I stood up and said. "Not this night."

"Where's your chain?" He asking glaring at my neck. I placed my fingers around it and felt nothing. Shit.

"I gave it to a friend. I'll get it back tomorrow." I said nonchalantly. My dad got that chain for me after I represented him in a meeting a year ago. He was pleased with my performance and got me a gift. I never really wore it but I wore it today cause, nothing else was that attractive to me at that moment.

" You better. Tomorrow, you would be having dinner with the company. In the dinner, I want you to extend my gratitude to all of them for their services and present the sum of money I would be giving to each of them."

Yes, my dad had a company that he wasn't really into so he would always be send me to do this and that. He was more interested in politics. He should give me that company already. That was the only reason why I actually did all his errands.

"Why're you giving them money? You gave them money two months ago." I asked still thinking of my baby. Gosh, I needed rest.

"Brandon...when you have a lot of money...sometimes, you just give to people who need it...unprovoked." He drank from his bowl of soup. Alright, this was the end of our conversation. I wasn't ready to listen to boring advice from my old man.

"I get the point. Retiring to my bed." I said and walked to my room. Since we were little, my dad had always given money to everyone he came across. I admired that about him but he was so strict especially with me.

My mind drifted to the chain as I jumped on my bed. If it was in the wrong place, that'd be trouble. I called kelvin.

"Bran! Demorte is really angry."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course. What's the punishment?"

"He hasn't said anything but he was more angry when he figured that Charlie couldn't make it."

"Bruh, Demorte should chill out."

"I know right."

"What about El?"

"Nothing too. I'm sure he's planning something deadly."

I was safe. I knew it cause of the numerous guards in this house but so many of my friends would get killed.

"My chain..." I brought up the main reason why I called him. "...It fell off."

"You were wearing a chain?"

"Yes."

"I didn't see one in the cab." He said and we both froze. If it wasn't in the cab then it'd be in the building. Wow!

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

"Yeah..."

"Then, I'm fucked."

"You really are, man." Kelvin said and I heaved. My fingerprints are on that damn chain and whoever takes any slight note of who it belonged to, then I'm really fucked.

Kelvin added. "I can go check if the chain is still in the building"

"Thanks." I said and cut the call. It can't be there only if that cop is stupid. My phone rang and I groaned. I picked without even checking who it was.

"Who this?"

"I will kill you and serve your head on a plate to your colleagues at that dinner. You dared me by laying a finger on my daughter. Fucking retard! You won't get away with this!"

I froze in fear as the call ended in my ears.

Voteeee, comment and share. I hope you're gathering few pieces together. Whoosh.