CUARENTA Y SEIS

Hey guys...hope you're having a nice day. I've not forgotten that I skipped one day of updating so...I'm gonna make it up to you guys. Haha. Love y'all.

"Teresa...sometimes...you really act like a grandma."

I chuckled. "Huh? I'm far from that please."

Genevieve snorted. "Your gown is way too long. I mean, you should've trimmed it already...."

Why was it necessary to even trim the gown? "What if I prefer it this way?"

She put on a pale face. "That's lame."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, let's say I like lame cause that's least of my problems."

"You've got problems brown eyes?" She said turning to look at my face as we walked in the hallway leading to the kitchen. Although we were still far from the kitchen, we still took our time since we weren't late.

If only she knew what was really happening to me. I shook my head. "Nah....I'm a happy bird flying across the ocean." She giggled at my reply.

"Hey....here's Mrs Edwin." She said quickly and bent her head down as a sign of respect. I looked at my new friend and wondered why she was doing that. Oh well, whatever.

I looked to my left where Mrs Edwin stood and my mouth opened slightly cause my eyes withheld such beauty. She was talking to one of the sisters in a way that seemed like she was scolding her. The beautiful slim woman then jammed eyes with mine and without thinking twice, I bent my head.

"Hmm." She said out loud and I prayed within me that it wasn't for me.

Please over look this. Please..please.

The last thing I wanted was to be noticed by Bran's mother. That'd bring more attention to me and I just started working here for crying out loud.

Oh shit.

"You can go Sister Rosie."

Rosie? Hmm that sounded familiar. Oh yeah! She's the sister in charge of the kitchen so, she's my boss. Like my small boss. Lmao.

"Uhm....Rosie...who's that black girl?"

I closed my eyes in disappointment. Like I thought she was gonna overlook what just happened but she didn't. Shit. Gen stopped walking since she knew they were referring to me so, I also had to stop abruptly.

"Gen...let's keep walking." I whispered as Rosie explained that I just started working yesterday.

"What? Teresa...you have to show some respect if you want to keep working here." She whispered in a harsher tone.

"If you ain't gonna keep walking... I am cause, she didn't tell us to stop and stand like mannequins. She just asked who I was." I wasn't getting the point.
"Don't do something crazy Te...." she was interrupted by the soft voice of Mrs Edwin. "Come here Teresa."

Omg. She knows my name now! What did I do to deserve this? I took in a deep breath as I walked closer to her with my head bent down.

"Look up." She said and I rose my head up to even with hold a clearer view of her beauty. I guess this was the reason why Bran was so attractive. Damn.

"I saw you with my son yesterday." She gestured to others to leave so we would be alone but all I was wondering was when and how she saw us. Oh well, it's a big mansion so it's very likely to happen.

"Uhm...I...wait, can I speak now cause I really don't know how things work here." Nice one Teresa. Be prepared to have your ass sacked with this attitude.

I was so surprised when she began to giggle softly. "I like you already."

Oh.

"Uhh thanks ma'am."

"No don't call me ma'am. Call me Diane."

"Isn't that...."

"I know what you're thinking but I figured that my son is very fond of you....plus, you're the first female in this life,that I've seen, that's way prettier than I am."

My eyes widened. She didn't know what she was saying. She was the definition of perfect and she's saying that a poor crazy maid could even look better than her.

"Thank you....Diane."

"It's fine."

"Well, I really want to work hard so, I could have the opportunity to get one of the tickets. I'll do my best Diane."

She smiled. "Well, that depends. If the sister in charge of where you're working says you're doing well, automatically, you'll have the opportunity to pick a ticket. It's that simple."

I nodded quickly. "Rosie is in charge of where I'm working."

"Kitchen?"

"Yeah."

"Well....goodluck. I hope the best for you." She said and began to walk away with her ball gown. I didn't know why she was dressed that way but, trust me, it made her look like a queen. What I needed right then was just to do the right things and pick the second ticket so, I could further my brother's education and later on, do same for myself.