Chapter Sixty

Alex was woken by pecking at her window. The Prewett family owl was trying to get her attention with an envelope in her beak. She opened the window, taking the envelope from the barn owl's beak as it perched itself on the chair nearest the window, "Good morning, Morgana. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

TO MISS ALEXANDRA AURORA WORTH,

HAPPY SCREAMING BIRTHDAY TO YOU. YOU'RE 18, IT FEELS LIKE YESTERDAY WHEN WE STARTED PRIMARY SCHOOL. I LOVE YOU AND I MISS YOU SO MUCH.

I TOLD FAB AND GID AND THEY DIDN'T FREAK OUT. BUT I THINK THEY'RE NOW GOING TO TRY AND BECOME ANIMAGI. I HOPE YOU DON'T MISS ME TOO MUCH.

LOVE YOU LOTS,

LETTI

P.S. TELL JAMES THAT IF WE COME BACK FROM HOLIDAY AND YOU'RE NOT EXACTLY HOW I LEFT YOU, THAT I'M HOLDING HIM PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE AND I'LL KILL HIM. LOVE YOU JAMES.

Alex smiled at her friend's messy scrawl as she pulled out a fresh piece of parchment to reply.

TO MISS LISETTE CORDELIA LIGHTWOOD,

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY, MY LOVE! I LOVE YOU TOO AND I MISS YOU TONS. I'M SO HAPPY THAT THEY DIDN'T FREAK. HEY, WHAT CAN YOU DO? CAN'T REALLY STOP THEM, IT'S LEGAL, THEY'RE SEVENTEEN. AND JAMES CAN'T CHANGE ME! I RESENT THAT ACCUSATION!

LOVE YOU. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU,

ALLIE

P.S. WE TRIED MAKING CINNAMON ROLLS ON CHRISTMAS EVE AND THE BOYS TOTALLY BOTCHED THE BATCH. IT WAS DISGUSTING. SAY HI TO FAB AND GID FOR ME.

Alex folded the paper small and slid it into the envelope. Holding out the letter to Morgana, Alex laughed, "Here you go, Morgana. Thank you."

As the bird flew out the window James, Sirius, Remus and Peter barged into the room, screaming, "Happy Birthday Twilight!"

"Morning boys," she chuckled at their disappointment because they wanted to scare her awake.

James jumped beside her in the bed, propping his head up on his hand, "Andy, how about you and me go out or something rather than be cooped up in the house today?"

"Sure, just let me get dressed," she breathed as she pushed herself up off the bed, rushing to the bathroom.

They walked to the small Muggle town until they reached an empty playground. Alex happily ran to the swings, jumping into the empty seat and began pumping her legs to make herself go higher. James laughed as he sat in the one on her left and did the same.

"So what's going on with you, Moony and Padfoot? I want to know where your head's at," James suddenly asks after Alex had jumped off the swing set, trying to stick the landing but ultimately falls onto her butt, laughing at her own childishness.

Alex's eyes go wide, taken by surprise with his question. She brushed the mulch off her black jeans and sat back down on the swing, kicking the mulch around with her sneaker, "I have no idea, Jamie. I-I clearly feel something for them. But they're two of my best friends and I just don't want to mess anything up."

"Andy, you can't mess it up. I can promise you that," he assures her, pulling her attention from the mulch that she was dragging her feet through onto him. "They just want you to be happy, myself included. Anyways, I have a feeling about what's going to happen."