Simula

Simula

I lazily look at my reflection in the mirror. Wearing a rose gold gown with full of sequence all over that hugging my body tightly, showing my curves in the right places. The light from the chandelier reflects in the fancy jewelries I'm wearing.

The diamond earrings, the heirloom necklace, the famous bracelet from New York. My heart ache on the last jewelry that I hate to wear but I don't have a choice, the damn engagement ring.

I heaved a sigh, already tired even the event is not starting yet. Another fancy party again for the elite and high class families. How I hate to wear this things to look extravagant.

A lot of girls wanting to be a princess and live in a huge castle but I never feel happiness to have this wealthy life. I feel chained here. What's the use of having countless money if they will control you in the neck in return.

The door creaked open and I immediately composed myself, back to a prim and proper woman they want.

"Señorita, kailangan niyo na daw pong bumaba." magalang na saad ng kasambahay sa likod ko at bihis na bihis rin. Maayos ang damit na suot sa pagdiriwang na ito. Hindi ako lumingon sa kanya at tinignan lang siya sa repleksiyon sa salamin.

She flinched in her feet feeling intimidated by my stare. I pursed my lips and slowly nodded.

"I'll be there in a minute." she immediately nod and leave the room after I said it.

I can't blame how they act in front of me. I tried to had a conversation with them but every time I did my Mother always interrupted.

"Oh my god hija! Why are you having a conversation with the maids!" hinding hindi ko makakalimutan ang madrama niyang sigaw ng isang beses na nahuli niya akong nakikipagusap sa mga kasambahay.

She act like humiliated on what I did! I better talk to the maids than her amiga's who always flaunt their money and properties!

Sawang sawa na ako sa makisali sa ganoong usapan. Wala akong interes sa buhay at yaman ng ibang tao. I always mind my own business but my Mom won't let me.

Wala na rin naman akong magagawa kung patuloy ko lang iisipin ang nakakaawa kong sitwasyon sa buhay ko. Kaya wala akong ganang naglakad para bumaba na. Nakita ko agad ang sabay sabay na pagtago ng mga ulo ng mga kasambahay sa silid nang makalabas ako. Yumuko agad sila, iniiwas ang tingin sa akin at umikot na lang ang mga mata ko habang naglalakad sa gitna nila.

I already heard the control laughter downstairs, probably from my Mom's amigas and their daughters. Halos umikot na agad ang mga mata ko dahil makakasalumuha ko na naman ang maarte na iyon!

Bigla nga lang nabago ang mood ko ng makita sa dulo ng pila ng mga kasambahay si Lyndon. The side of his lips immediately curl up and I bit my tongue to supress my curses on sudden irritation I feel. I don't want to hear Mommy's dramatic speeches again hearing me mouthing a curse.

Halos atakihin siya nang huling marinig ang pagmumura ko. Its so hard to fit in her world that I don't have even a bit interest to embrace.

"You're always so beautiful, babe." Lyndon said while walking towards me. He was about to kiss me when I move my head and his lips landed on nowhere.

I smirk on my mind.

Natigilan siya saglit pero agad ring nakabawi at ngumiti sa akin.

"Not in the mood?"

"I always not in the mood when you're around." I said directly and I heard the gasp from the maids. His smile faded but he put his hand in my waist and pulled me to him that makes my mouth parted.