Chapter 17

As Noah gets out of the pool behind me I look at him. He chuckles. "Don't even think about it. I won't be the only the one going back in." I giggle as Kate comes out. She smiles at me. 

"Here are some dry clothes for you to put on." 

"Thank you." She looks at Noah and places her hand on another stack of clothes. 

"These are Deon's but he said you can barrow them." Noah nods. 

"Thank you, Kate." She looks back at me and turns around. 

"You both are welcome." I look back at Noah as he looks at me. I grab the stack of clothes and walk over to the pool bathroom. Noah follows me until we get to it. He leans on the door frame. I look at him. He smiles. I set his clothes on the counter as well as mine and he walks in. I turn to him and cross my arms as the bathroom door shuts on its own. 

"Noah?" He raises his eyebrows. 

"What?" He asked like he had no clue.

"Can I get some privacy?" I asked. He takes off his wet shirt leaving him in all his abs and glory. 

"Don't worry sunshine. I'm not looking." He said as he turned his back to me. I sigh and take off my shirt. I put on Kate's dry one and slip my wet shorts off. I put on Deon's sweat pants that Kate brought me. I turned to see Noah looking at me. I crossed my arms. 

"Oh? You weren't looking huh?" He looks down for a second and back up at me. 

"The only thing I saw was your bra. But the pool already exposed that." I roll my eyes. He smiles. The bathroom door opens and Trent looks at us. I looked at him. 

"Did you learn how to knock?" I asked. He folds his arms. 

"I doubt you are going to be indecent with him in here." He said. I pick up my clothes and push past him. He grunts when I hit his chest hard with my shoulder blade. Noah smirks as he walks past him. I walk inside and throw our clothes in the washer and go out to the living room. 

"Hey, Hope are you planning on staying the night?" Deon asked as he walked up to us. I sit down on the couch as Noah sits down next to me. I lean on his chest as I look at Deon. 

"Well I was thinking about it but you have Trent staying here so no I don't think so." 

"Trent can sleep on the couch and you take the room." I shake my head. 

"I don't want to kick him out of his space." He nods. 

"We do always have the clubhouse out back if you don't mind using the pool bathroom." 

"I totally forgot you had that." He nods. 

"Trent and I cleaned it out yesterday. All new bedding and everything. We fixed the heater in there as well." I nod. 

"Why are you trying to get me to stay?" I asked. He smirks and I give him a confused look. He had his trouble smirk on. 

"Ben heard you were back in town and asked if you wanted to race the tracks," I smirk at him and look up at Noah. He looks at me a little confused. 

"Are you up for seeing my racing skills?" He gives me a small smile. 

"I thought you were done racing?" He asked. I shrugged. 

"Maybe I change my mind?" He chuckles. 

"I'm free tomorrow." I smile and look back at Deon as he chuckles. 

"I'll give him a call." He said taking his phone out. Trent sits across from us on the two-seater couch and spreads out. He gives me a glance before looking at the TV. Kate started walking our way with plates and I sit up. I grab it from her and thank her. I look down to see tater tot casserole. I hummed. Noah thanked her and looked down at it. 

"I can't remember the last time I had this." He said. I gave him a small laugh causing him to look at me. "Are you laughing at me?" I shake my head. 

"No, it's just I'm surprised you haven't. You know with all the maids you have at your house." I said taking a bit. He chuckles as he shakes his head. 

"I don't have maids." I nod. 

"I can tell." His mouth dropped and I shoved a fork full in his mouth. He chuckles as he chews. 

"So Noah what exactly are you in Princeton for?" Kate asked as she and Deon sat down eating. Noah clears his mouth. 

"Business and accounting. My mother's idea." I gave him a confused look. 

"But I thought you wanted to be a doctor?" I asked. He looks at me. 

"I do ever since I was little but my parents pay for my college. If I make them happy then I stay educated." I nod slowly. 

"But I thought you had more money then they did?" He gives me a confused look. 

"How do you know this?" I take a deep breath as I look down at my plate. 

"Your sister is my roommate." He hums and I look up at him. He nods. 

"I do have more money but I can't access it until I graduate therefore I am not able to pay for my own education." 

"Why?" 

"Because when my grandparents passed away they left everything they owned to me. By they left a could million for my parents so they were using me for mine. In their will, it said I had to graduate in order to receive my share. I personally don't care about all of it. But my mother wants it and that makes me want it more." I look down at my plate. 

"I didn't know your mother was so-." 

"Evil?" I look up at him. He smiled. "I thought you figured that out when you came over for dinner. My mother is an evil bitch. She only wants me to get my business degree because my gramps left me his company. My mother thinks that once I collect my share I'm going to hand it over to her." 

"And you say I'm interesting." He chuckles.