Chapter 27

I look at the dresses and shoes that were on the racks as Ivy looked at the jewelry. We were currently looking for a dress to wear to the dance coming up and I was stumped. She was planning on telling Noah about her and Eric that night and I was planning to tell her about Noah and I today. I was nervous to even say anything. It's not like she didn't know we were talking. I mean we hung out every day. I don't think she would have much of a problem with it. But I couldn't help but be nervous. "So things between you and Trent are good now huh?" She asked. I look at her confused as to why she brought him up. She looks at me. 

"Yeah, I guess you can say that." She gives me a small smile. 

"Are you two going to get back together with him?" She asked. I snort. 

"Not ever going to happen." She giggled. 

"Why not? He's cute." I shake my head at her. 

"Ex's are ex's for a reason." She sighs and nods. She turns to the dresses and starts looking at them as I go to the jewelry. 

"So how are things with you and Levi?" She asked. I take a deep breath. 

"I don't know. He and I haven't really talked since the fight between him and Noah." She takes a deep breath. 

"Maybe you should talk to him? Work things out? You two made a great couple." I turned to her as she turns to me. 

"We weren't even a couple." She nods. 

"I know but you acted like it. It was cute." I cross my arms. 

"What's wrong?" She sighs. 

"I want you to stay away from Noah. He's bad news." 

"What?" I asked confused. She flips her hair out of her eyes. 

"Noah isn't a good guy and I want to protect you. You are my best friend." I nod slowly. I look down for a second and looked back up at her. 

"I'm still confused." She looks down as if she were guilty. 

"There are things about Noah that you don't know. But if you did you wouldn't want anything to do with him. I know it seems like I'm being unfair or like a typical best friend but I'm trying to spare you a broken heart." 

"Don't you think that you should have given me this speech the day I met him?" She nods. 

"But I didn't know what I know now. If I had I would have. I'm trying to stop you from making a mistake you'll regret." I looked down at my hands as the images of Noah and I together flooded my mind. 

"Okay, yeah. I'll stay away from him." I mumbled. She gave me a saddened look and I gave her a small smile. 

"I promise you that I'm not trying to hurt you." I nodded. 

"Of course not. You're my best friend and he's your brother. You know him better then I do. If you say staying away from him then that's exactly what I'm going to do." She gives me a small smile and I turn to the jewelry. 

Ivy's P.O.V

I play with my keys as I walk slowly to the DSP house. Eric smiles as he sees me. I give him a small smile. His smile turns into confusion. "What's wrong baby?" I looked down for a second. 

"I think I may have hurt Hope without trying too." He grabbed my hand. 

"Why would you think that?" I look up at him. 

"Because I told her to stay away from Noah." He sighs. 

"You didn't." I nodded. 

"I don't want her to get hurt after everything she has already been through." 

"Baby you know Noah will get mad if you interfere with his game." I nodded. 

"I don't care. He's a senior in college it's time for him to start acting like one." He sighs again. I glance behind him to see the door opening and I pull my hand back. Noah gives me a confused look as he sees me. 

"Hey, Ivy?" I cross my arms. 

"We need to talk." He mimics me by crossing his arms and walks up to me. 

"About?" 

"Don't play dumb. You know damn well what I mean." He glances at Eric for a second and back at me. 

"Please do explain." 

"Why did you have to pick Hope? Out of every girl on campus you pick her?" Something flashes in his eyes that I couldn't read. 

"Ivy stay out of it." He hissed. 

"Like hell, I will. You don't get to just do whatever the hell you want any more, Noah. Your actions have consequences. You are 25. Grow up and act like it." He huffed. 

"You don't know what you are talking about, Ivy. So I suggest you walk away." I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"Stay away from Hope." 

"What will you do?" He asked. 

"I'll tell her everything." He looked worried for a split second. 

"Ivy-." 

"Stay away from her," I said walking away. He groaned as I walked away.