Chapter 30

I hand some books to Deon so he can put them in a box. He sets them in the box and looks up at me. "Remind me again why I can't go beat the fuck out of Noah." He said. I sighed as I look back at my bed that was once messy with stuff.

"Because you promised me you wouldn't." He sighs loudly.

"I let him in my home and he hurt you. I feel like I have a right to beat the fuck out of him." I turned to him with a glare.

"Deon it's none of the your-." I stopped talking as Noah and Ivy walk in. Noah looks at me as does Ivy. I looked back towards Deon as he kept his eye forward. He gives me a small smile.

"Are you happy?" I give him an eye roll before I turned back to my bed.

"Ivy all I'm saying is he didn't have too." I glance at the corner of my eyes as Noah whispers. Ivy looks down at her hands.

"Noah, can we please stop talking about this? Dad's affairs are none of our concerns." Noah scuffs.

"Aren't you the least bit curious as to why Kevin was here?" He whispered. Ivy glanced up at me for a split second and back at her brother.

"Noah I said drop it." I turned to Deon as he looked at me. I sighed.

"Honey I'm home," Trent yelled as he walked in the door. We all turned to him. He looked at me with a smile before looking st Noah. His smile dropped and I cleared my throat. He turns to me and walks up to me. "What else am I bringing to your dorm?" He asked. From stood up and handed him a box.

"This." Trent nods.

"Hope how do you have so much stuff? You've only been here for a few months." I let out a dry laugh.

"Well, mom and Deon just kept dropping stuff off saying I needed it. Now, look where I am." I said looking at Deon. He chuckled.

"I didn't think we were going to have to move you out of the form so soon." I sighed loudly as I stood up.

"Well, it is what it is." Deon looks behind me.

"Well, that looks like all of it. Are you sure you don't want me calling off work to help you get everything unpacked?" I shake my head.

"Nope. Trent is going to be here for the night helping so you are free to go home." He nods.

"Fine." Deon walks to the door with Trent and they walk out. I signed as I turned to the now-empty bed. I glance over to see Ivy watching me. Noah had his eyes on the ground in front of him with his hands in his jeans. Ivy opened her mouth to say something but I turned away from her and threw the room key on the bed.

"Let your dad know the key is on the bed," I mumbled as I walked out. I walked down the stairs and to my new dorm room that was 3x bigger and it actually had its own shower. I had a full-size bed instead of a twin and a normal size dresser with a walk-in closet. Trent gave me a smile as he laid on my bed.

"Do you like my new room?" He asked. I fold my arms.

"Don't get comfortable. You are only here for the night." He wiggles his eyebrows.

"I wonder how I can pass the time." I smile and turn to a box of clothes. I pick it up and set it on his chest.

"You can put these away for me." His smile drops as his eyes look down at in the book. He smiles once again as he picks up one of my bras that was bright blue.

"I'm okay with that." He said looking up at me. I groaned and took it from him. He chuckles as he sits up putting the box on the ground next to him. "How are you doing?" He asked. I look at him as I set my phone and keys on my dresser. I sit down on my bean bag and look up at him.

"I'm fine," I said quietly. He folded his hands in front of him.

"What's the real answer?" He asked. I took a deep breath and looked down at my hands.

"It hurts." I breathed.

"It's going too. You loved him and he used you." He whispered. I looked up at him. I gulped dryly and he got up to kneel down in front of me as tears formed in my eyes. He wrapped his arms around me and I hugged him back. I pull back and wipe my tears. He looks up at me.

"I'm okay," He gives me a small nod. I cleared my throat and looked around the room. "Well, we definitely are going to be busy for a while." He looks around and chuckles.

"Maybe you shouldn't have moved all of your stuff into your dorm." I turn to him and playfully glared at him. He smiles as he stands up helping me to my feet.