Chapter 48

Noah's P.O.V

I walk outside after a while to see how Hope was doing. I knew that Trent would be the perfect person to comfort her. I knew there wasn't much I could do that would help in any way. Trent walks down the path with his head down and a piece of paper in his hand. Deon and Leah stand up. "How is she?" Deon asked. Trent looked up at me before turning to him. 

"She is gone. She said she was going back to the dorm to pack and meeting you at home." I looked down as my whole world began to fade. "She asked me to give this to you." He walked up to me and I grabbed the piece of paper from him and walked towards the guest house. I ran up the stairs to see the bed just as messy as we left it this morning. Her bags were gone and the picture she drew me was hung up on the wall with the ring hanging from the tac. I dropped down on the bed and unfolded the paper. 

Noah, 

I know what you wanted because I wanted it too more than anything. I wanted to have what Ivy and Eric have but it seems no matter what we do life just throws us in a curveball. When we're together it all makes sense but being pulled away from each other every time just seems like it was never meant to be. I know that after today I'm not going to be the same girl you love and it's not fair to you to sit around watch what will become of me. I won't do that to you. I know no matter what I do my feelings for you will never run dry but if yours ever do and you want to move on I wouldn't blame you. I am a trainwreck and to be with me is toxic. I want you to know that I enjoyed the time we spent together and meeting you was everything to me. I wouldn't change a single moment. Thank you for showing me what true love feels like even though I never deserved it. 

- Love Hope Hazel

The note fell to the ground as I fall back on the bed with my hands in my hair. I groaned and stood up. I looked around the room and I see her face. I lean on my drawing table and throw everything off of it. I pick up the side of it and flip it over. "Noah!" Eric yells. I shake my head. 

"Everything was perfect. She was perfect. Why does everyone I love leave me?" I whisper. He places his hand on my shoulder. 

"She is just confused and heartbroken. She isn't going to go away forever. You two belong together." I glance at him as it takes everything in me to hold back my tears and they still fall either way. 

"Why does it have to hurt so damn bad?" He looked at me for a while unsure what to say or think. 

"Because that's what love does," Ivy says. I glance at her as she pulls me in for a hug.