Chapter 37

I wake up the next morning with a note from Trent saying he had to go help Deon with something back home so he was going to be gone for a few days. I make a cup of coffee and get ready for the day. It was Saturday so I didn't have school but I was done mopping around my dorm room feeling sorry for myself. I had things I had to figure out. Noah loving me being one of them. I get out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel as a knock comes from my door. I sighed and walked over to the door. I open it to see Noah. He looked at me and scratched the back of his head. "I'm sorry. Ivy and Eric wanted to sleep in so I couldn't ask one of them to grab my keys from you. I am still trying to respect your wish." I gave him a small smile as I open my door wider. 

"Come in." He gave off a nervous laugh. 

"Are you sure?" I roll my eyes. 

"Noah I'm standing in a towel can you please just come in. I really rather not have it fall down with the door wide open." He walks in and I close the door behind him. He walks in nervously and turns to me. I walk over to my bed and pick up his keys. I turn to him and hand them to him. 

"Thank you," He said as he grabbed them from me. 

"Thank you for letting me use your car." He looks down at his keys. 

"I figured you were getting put under pressure with everyone staring at us." I sighed as I sit down on my bed. I look at the ground. 

"I know you are worried maybe even scared that my feelings aren't the same as yours, but it has nothing to do with how I feel. I was hurt by everything that happened. I trusted you and Levi and you both used me as if I were just a toy you could throw away. You may not have played for long but it was a simple fact that you did. You could have been honest with me the moment you stopped playing." He nods. 

"I know." I look up at him to see him looking down at his hands. "These past few weeks have been the hardest weeks of my life. It didn't matter what I tried to do I saw your face everywhere I looked. I didn't feel guilty about playing the game before until now. No one has ever made me feel the things you have. I've told you things I never even dreamed of telling anyone else. It amazes me that one girl can make my head all mushy without even trying too." I snorted and he looked up at me. "Are you laughing?" I giggled. 

"It's just I never had a guy express his feelings for me and use the words 'mushy'. It's sweet." He rolls his eyes. 

"Here I thought we were having a moment and you had to ruin it by laughing." I giggled again and stood up. 

"I'm sorry for laughing." He crossed his arms which caused me to laugh again. He scuffs. 

"And you are still laughing." I giggled again. "That's it I'm leaving." He said turning. I grab his hand and he turned back towards me. I went serious. 

"I'm sorry. Don't leave." He smiles. 

"I wasn't going too. I just wanted to see your reaction." My jaw dropped causing him to let out a small chuckle. "You are so beautiful." My lips turned into a smile without being told. I turned my head away from him and my eyes landed on my keys. I turn back to him with a bigger smile. "What?" He asked. 

"I have an idea." He crosses his arms as he narrows his eyes. 

"The same kind of idea you had when you pushed me into the pool?" I giggled. 

"No, but maybe." He chuckles. I look down to realize I was still certainly naked. "I need to get dressed." He glances down at the towel and nods. 

"That wouldn't be such a bad idea. But I mean you can stay in a towel too." I hit his chest and he chuckles. I walk over to my closet as he lays on my bed. "Where's your boyfriend?" 

"Trent is back at home for a few days." I turn my head to look at him. "He's not my boyfriend." He rolls his eyes. 

"Could have fooled me." I shake my head. 

"You kissed me last night. Do you really think if he and I were dating he wouldn't have had something to say about that?" He shrugs. 

"I can't explain that guy's problems." I scuff. 

"His problems are nothing compared to yours." He gasps. 

"I don't have that many problems." I roll my eyes. 

"Yeah, okay." He gets up and walks over to me. I turn my attention back on my closet pretending to ignore him. He pulls me back by my waist and I giggle. 

"Excuse you." He said. I look up at him with a smile. 

"What? Can't handle the truth?" I joked. He brought his fingertips to my sides and moved them together. I jolted backward as I started laughing. He held my waist tighter as he continued. "Noah!" 

"Take it back." He said through. I giggled harder. 

"Stop!" He went faster and I tried to wiggle out of his grasp. "I take it back!" His fingers stop and he chuckles. I glare at him. "So unfair. You know I hate being tickled." He shrugs. 

"Maybe you shouldn't point out that I have problems." I turn so I was looking at him. 

"Well, you are a rich boy with mommy issues. You are bound to have problems." His jaw drops and I smirk. 

"You little-." I took off running towards the bathroom with the first thing I pulled out of the closet and locked the door once I was inside. He tried the doorknob but it didn't budge. "So not fair." 

"Life isn't fair." I looked down to see I had a pair of sweat pants and his sweater I forgot to give back. I roll my eyes as I get dressed quickly. I open the door and he looks at me. He opens his mouth to say something when he looks at the sweater. 

"Is that mine?" I look down at it. 

"Yeah, I forgot to give it back." He smiles. 

"Don't bother. It looks better on you." I look up at him smiling.