Chapter 31

Three weeks later

I walk out of the cafe with Trent as he talked about how he wanted to go back to school. Trent and I have become really great friends. I think he may want to get back together but I wasn't over Noah and he knew that. I enjoyed Trent's company. He really helped me keep my mind off of everything that happened. That was until he went back home and I was left alone in my own dorm by myself. Trent bumped my arm and I looked up at him. He gave me a small smile. 

"Is everything okay?" He asked. I looked forward as we walked towards my dorm. 

"Yeah, I just got lost in my own thoughts." I breathed. He straps his arm over my shoulder and I look up at him to see him smiling. 

"Why daydream about me when I'm right here?" He joked. I giggled causing him to laugh too. 

"You are such a flirt." He nods. 

"Only to you. Because you need it right now." He said as he walked backward in front of me. I gave him a small smile. 

"You really don't have to worry. I told you I'm getting better." He rolls his eyes. 

"No, you are just getting better at hiding it." I look away from him to see Ivy and Noah arguing. Ivy was speed walking out of the building with Noah on her trail. Eric walked slowly behind them with his hands in his jeans. 

"Ivy, what do you want from me?" Noah asked. She stopped and whipped around to him. 

"What I want is for you to learn how to grow up. You act like a completely different person now. You drink before classes, you drink during them, and you drink after them." He throws his arms up in the air. 

"What do you expect from me? You won't even talk to me anymore unless it's to repeat what dad has to say." She crossed her arms. 

"Do you blame me? You went after the only person who has ever understood me and hurt her. There are a dozen other virgins in this school. Why did you have to go after my best friend?" She hissed. He let out a dry laugh. 

"You are one to talk. There are more than a dozen guys in this school and yet you decided to fuck my best friend. At least I didn't hide it from you for more than a year." She looked both hurt and surprised. I let out a dry laugh. 

"You are an ass," I mumbled. 

"What?" He asked as he turned my way. He was shocked that it was me. I crossed my arms. 

"How dare you compare what you did to me to Ivy and Eric? You used me for sex. Eric isn't using Ivy for anything. He actually has feelings for her." He gulped as he looked down. Ivy and Eric looked at me. I looked down and took a deep breath. "There could have been a billion other ways to tell her you knew. You shouldn't have thrown it in her face." I whispered. I turned to the door with a deep breath. 

"Hope?" Ivy said. I stopped and looked at her. She gave me a small smile. 

"Thank you." I give her a small nod. I walk into the building with Trent on my tail. I get to my room and slam my hand on the counter. Trent leaned on the wall watching me closely. 

"Are you sure you want to keep your answer from earlier?" He whispered. I felt a tear slipped down my face and I closed my eyes. He stood up straight as a knock comes from my door. I look at it and walk over to it. I open it to see Noah standing there. I was surprised. He looked at me with sadness in his eyes. He opened his mouth to stay something and I took a step back opening the door wider for him. He gave me a surprised look as he takes a step in. Trent folds his arms as he looks at Noah. "You have some balls." Noah glanced at him before turning to me. I look away from his gaze. 

"Can we talk please?" 

"Go ahead," Trent said. I look at Trent as he cracks his knuckles. Noah keeps his eyes on me. 

"Alone," Trent let out a scuff and opened his mouth to protest. 

"Trent, can you go for a walk please?" I whispered. He looks at me. 

"Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded. He takes a loud sighed and walks up to me. He kisses my forehead. "I won't be far." I nod. He glances at Noah before walking out the door. I walk over to my bed and bring my knees up to my chest as I look at the ground. 

"So are you and Trent back together?" He asked. I let out a snort. 

"You came here to talk about Trent?" I asked quietly. He leans on the wall. 

"No," I look up at him to see his eyes on me. 

"Noah I'm not sure what you expected to happen when you walked through that door but there isn't anything you can say that will make what happen okay." He nods. 

"I didn't come here to defend what I did." I gave him a confused look. 

"Then why are you here?" 

"I want to apologize for Ivy. She had no idea what was going on. She wasn't even aware the game was still happening. She suspected it but she didn't know. When she found it was still going on she told me to grow up and I ignored it. We picked you when you got out of your mom's minivan. Ethan made a comment that you didn't seem like the type to give it up. So we agreed you were the target. We didn't know at the time you were Ivy's roommate. There was no way she could have known. I don't want to be the reason why she loses a friend. I beg you to forgive her. I know there isn't anything I can say to you that will help my case so I won't ask you for your forgiveness. I don't even deserve it. But I am begging you to forgive her." Before I had the chance to speak he was out the door. I look at the floor for a while with a sigh.