Chapter 33

Noah's P.O.V

I lay on the couch in the DSP house as someone opens the front door. I look towards the door of the gamer room as footsteps lead this way. Eric came through the door and looked at me. I sat up as he drops a folder on the table. I look at it to see it was the DSP paperwork. I look up at him as he tucks his left arm in his pocket. "I'm going to my house for the weekend and I wanted to drop this off before I forgot too." I nodded. 

"Thanks." He nods. He sighs. 

"I never tried to hide things between Ivy and I. I just knew you were going through a lot last year and it wasn't the right time to tell you. We were going to tell you at dinner when your father invited Hope but dinner didn't go as planned. My point is I wanted to tell you but I wasn't sure how you were going to act and I didn't want to lose you as a friend. But I love Ivy and I want to be with her." I stand up and cross my arms. 

"I never had a problem with you two dating, Eric. I just had a problem with you hiding it from me." He nods. 

"I'm sorry about that. I never intended to hide it from you it just happened." I look down. 

"Eric if you came here to explain yourself you didn't have too. I don't hate you and I'm not mad. Like I said before, I knew for over a year and the only thing that bothered me was that you two hid it from me. I'm okay with you two being together." Eric nods and sighs. 

"I should get going. Ivy's waiting for me." I nod. He turns around and gets up to the door before turning back around. "A little advice. If you can't get the girl out of your mind it usually is a sign." I looked at him confused until Hope's face popped up in my head. I swallowed a lump in my throat and he nods. "We've been friends for a very long time. It's hard to miss something like this when you've never actually had a girlfriend. Hope is hurt by the situation, but if you try talking to, her it might make a difference for both of you." 

"Thank you." He smiles. 

"What are friends for?" He walks out and I fall back on the couch. I huffed as I looked up at the ceiling. I knew I messed things up badly and I tried so hard not too. The guys were playing the game but I wasn't. Hope wasn't just any girl to me. She was innocent and pure. The girl from the past games was anything but. They knew we were playing a game because they found out but they liked the attention. They liked the gifts they were given and the popularity. They were virgins but they were also rich and enjoyed the game. Hope was so different in so many ways. She wasn't rich and she wasn't after money or attention. She just wanted a friend or two. I never intended on sleeping with her after the night she came over for dinner the first time. She had gone through so much and I wasn't comfortable with using her. 

"Noah!" I looked up at Ivy as she stood in the room. I wiped my face. "Are you okay?" She asked. I looked at the ground. 

"No, but I don't want to talk about it." She sighs and takes a step in the room. 

"Noah I'm your sister. Let me in. Talk to me." I looked up at her. She gave me a saddened look.

"What am I supposed to tell you? That I ruined my only chance to be with the girl I love because I wasn't smart enough to end the damn game when I had a chance?" I asked. She let out a breath of air. 

"I didn't think it was affecting you this way." I nodded as I picked up the bottle of whiskey. She snatched it out of my hand. I looked up at her. 

"Hey!" She shakes her head. 

"No more drinking. You aren't going to fix anything if you are constantly drunk." I groaned. 

"I can't help it. I can't sleep unless I'm drunk. It's the only thing that drowns her out." She walks over to me and wraps her arms around me. I was about to pull back but I held her. I take in her scent and close my eyes. "I love you, Ivy." 

"I love you too." She pulls back and gives me a smile through the tears in her eyes. I give her a confused look. 

"What's wrong?" She shakes her head as one falls. 

"I just don't like seeing you hurt like this." I wipe her eyes. 

"Ivy, I'm fine. Or at least I will be. Okay?" She nods. She clears her throat. 

"Dad said that he and mom are coming over for dinner tomorrow night." I nod. 

"Okay, I guess. Even though I don't want to hear another one of that woman's lectures." She giggled as she laid her head back on my chest. I kiss her head as she hums. 

"What are you going to do about Hope?" She mumbled. I take a deep breath.

"I'm so sure there is anything I can do but if there's even a small chance she'll change her mind I have to try." Ivy pulls away and looks down at her hand. 

"All I'm going to say if you do get another chance? Make it count for something."