Chapter 9

"Yeah, okay, Deon. I love you too." I waited for him to say it back before hanging up. I turn to Ivy who was currently walking with me back to our dorm. She shook her head. 

"So your ex-boyfriend is your brother's best friend and you guys broke up because he cheated on you? Then he came here and called you a bunch of names and tried to hit you?" I nod. She looks up at me. "Damn and here I thought my love life was bad." I sighed as I looked forward. 

"Trent was a bad boy in ripped jeans and I was a high school nerd in glasses. He was the first boy to show me any attention and I took it. I was helpless." She looks at me. 

"You wanted a high school romance. It's not bad to want those things."

"Yeah, maybe." We get to the door to the building as a pulls up to the main door. Ivy turns to it. She stops and walks back. 

"Dad? What are you doing here?" She asked. A tall guy with light brown hair gets out of the car and walks up to her. She hugs him and he smiles at her. 

"I came to drop some forms off at the office." She nods. He looks back at me. "Who's your new friend?" She turns and looks at me. 

"This is Hope. She's my roommate." Her dad gives me a smile. 

"It's nice to meet you, Hope. My name is Peter." I give him a smile. 

"It's nice to meet you." He turns back to Ivy. 

"You should invite her tonight." She looks at me and turns back to him. 

"Not that I don't want too but are you sure? It's kind of a family thing." Peter tucks his hands in his pockets. 

"Well Eric is coming tonight so why not." Ivy nods. She gives him another hug. "I love you pumpkin." 

"I love you too dad." Ivy walks back to me as Peter goes inside. We get to the dorm and get dressed for whatever I got invited too. Ivy told me to just be myself. But I felt nervous. I was dressed in jean shorts and a loose thank-top. I put my hair up in a messy bun. Ivy wore short jeans shorts with a crop-top. She had told me to bring a bathing suit because they had a pool. We were pulling up to a house 20 minutes away from the campus. She locked her car as we got out and she walked us up to the house. 

When we got inside I was greeted with a smile from Peter. "Welcome ladies. The boys are upstairs playing until dinner is ready." I look at Ivy with a confused look. 

"The boys?" I asked. 

"Yeah, Eric, and my son," Peter said. I nod forgetting Ivy had a brother. I couldn't help but think if I had met him. 

"I have to use the bathroom." Peter nods. 

"You'll have to use my son's bathroom upstairs. Just knock before entering." 

"Thank you." He nods. I walk up the stairs and get to the bathroom. I knock on the door and no answer. I open the door to see Noah in a towel. He looks at me. I look at him confused. 

"Are you going to stand there all day with the door open?" he asked. I took a deep breath before I closed the door. He gives me a weird look. "Did you need something?" 

"Why are you here?" I asked. He ran his hand through his hair. 

"Well I was trying to get dressed but you walked in." I shake my head. 

"No, I meant in here in the house." 

"This is my house." Reality hits. 

"You're Ivy's brother," I said more to myself but he nods. 

"I thought you knew that." I shake my head.

"Nope," He chuckles. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked. 

"Your dad invited me." He nods slowly. 

"Are you going to stand in here while I get dressed?" I mentally hit myself for not remembering he was in a towel. 

"Right sorry," I said turning towards the door. 

"I don't mind if you stay." I heard the smirk on his face. I glanced back at him as he purposely dropped his towel. I closed my eyes quickly. 

"Noah!" I yelled. He chuckled and I opened the bathroom door. I closed it quickly and opened my eyes. I groaned. "That wasn't funny," I said to him. 

"You walked in on me." I folded my arms. 

"I knocked on the door." The bathroom door opens and he smirks. 

"Enjoy the view?" I shake my head. 

"You have a small dick." I lied. I didn't see his dick I just wanted him to think I did. He takes a step towards me. 

"You didn't even see anything and besides even if it was, which it's not, its not the size that matters." He said with a wink. He walks across from the bathroom and into a room. I shake my head at him and walk into the bathroom. 

I walk downstairs as Eric and Noah were passing the staircase with Ivy on their trail. They stopped and looked at me. Ivy smiles. "Are you ready to go swimming?" She asked. I nod. 

"Yes,"

"While Dad and Eric's dad watch the game, mom and Eric's mom will be cooking. That leaves us to go swimming." I follow them out to their pool. Ivy jumps right in with Eric on her trail. I watch them splash each other for a second before turning to see Noah watching me. I look away from him as I set my phone down on the table. I look back up at Noah to see him still looking at me. 

"If you take a picture it will last longer." He glances down for a second before looking back up at me. 

"There is something that has been nagging at me since yesterday morning." I gave him a confused look. 

"Which is?" 

"Trent." I look down with a deep breath. 

"Right well about that, I wanted to thank you," I said meeting his eyes. He shakes his head. It was the first time he has ever looked at me seriously. It surprised me. 

"You don't ever have to thank me for something like that. No man should lay his hand on a woman regardless of what the problem is." I searched his eyes seeing nothing but the truth. He takes a deep breath and looks away. "Was that the first time he raised his hand to you?" His eyes went back on mine and gulped. I tempted to clear my throat but failed when it went dry. I look away from him. 

"Trent has had a hard life. I'm not saying this to defend him but it's the truth. He doesn't do his emotions every well." I said with my eyes back on him. 

"You didn't answer my question." He said softly. 

"It wasn't his first," I whispered. He gave me both a pissed off look and a pitty look. I looked away from him. I took a deep breath as I took off my shirt leaving me in my bathing suit top. "I don't want to talk about it."