ii. Chapter 27: "You Could've been an Avenger"

Sarah glances over her shoulder, spotting several vehicles flashing their blue and red lights, "Stand down! Stand down!" the driver shouts through the PA system.

"Keep going," Sarah shouts to Bucky.

"You think I'm going to stop?...for them," Bucky replies and Sarah smiles as they pick up their pace, The Black Panther still not far behind.

Steve jumps and his whole body lands on the windshield, causing the driver to stop quickly. He rolls off the top of the vehicle, clenching his teeth as he did so. He made his way to the driver's side, pulling the driver out, before kicking out the shattered windshield driving towards his daughter and Bucky

Steve speeds up, Finally catching Bucky and Sarah in his view, There was a thump on the back of the Audi. In the side-view mirror, Steve spots the Black Panther, "I see you" Steve whispers swerving left and right in an effort to lose him. However, he was not letting go. he has dug his vibranium claws into the car and began making his way to the driver's seat, looking back one last time, Steve says "Sam, I can't shake this guy," He declares in his comms. "Right behind you," but he wasn't anywhere near him yet.

Steve kept his focus forward, his hands on the wheel, his eyes on Sarah and Bucky as more police vehicles arrived. They blocked their path, Leaving Bucky and Sarah to detour, they hopped over a couple of barrels and exited the darkness of the tunnels. For a brief second, Bucky and Sarah stop in the middle of the street. Bucky thought quickly grabbing a nearby motorcycle, the motorcyclist came in the crossfire as he was yanked from the bike. Bucky slammed the motorcycle down and hopped on, holding out his hand for Sarah, he wasn't about to leave a friend behind. When he felt Sarah's arms around him he revved the bike hard and took off, Steve and the Black Panther not far behind.

"Bucky," She calls seeing the Black Panther leaping over to their Motorcycle, Bucky Barnes shot his right arm out and caught the Black Panther by his throat. In a desperate attempt to escape, he presses his feet onto the tunnel's wall, pushing out causing the motorcycle on its side. Sarah holds onto Bucky for dear life, as Bucky's left arm digs into the street sparks fly. Sarah kicks the Black panther off and the motorcycle slowly rises back up. Bucky with a last attempt to escape flung a sticky grenade to the roof of the tunnel, expecting it to cave in.

After breaking through the falling debris in rage, the Black Panther tries to latch himself onto their motorcycle, he ends up slicing the back tire. The motorcycle turns awkwardly, this time Sarah and Bucky tumbling off.

Noticing the rubble, Captain America turns the wheel of the car and jumps out in the direction of the confrontation. The car hits some of the rubble causing it to flip and roll down the road towards Sarah, Bucky, and The Black Panther.

Before The Black Panther could attack either Bucky or Sarah, Steve grabs him by his waist getting him away from them. They breathe heavily before more agents arrive in flashing Suv's, blocking every exit.

War nation lands, arms outstretched, palms glowing, and a sentry turret on his shoulder ready to fire.

"Stand down now," Rodes says in a commanding voice.

German Forces had their rifles aimed at them, Steve places his shield on his back, then his hands raise slowly in surrender.

"Congratulations, Cap," Rhodes says, the Captain's eyes turning to him. "You're a criminal,"

War machine beaming red eyes dart to Sarah, "Sarah, you could've been an Avenger,"

"I was busy helping a friend," She replies.

The German Special Forces move in and subduing Bucky and Sarah. They place a power dampener-rather harshly-around her neck before placing her hands behind her back. Bucky, they knock him down on his stomach, and held several weapons in close proximity to him, just in case of any resistance. They knew much resistance wasn't going to be coming from Sarah since she was able to use her powers.