V. Chapter 98: "I know who you are, J'onn,"

Lois follows up with Jenet Klyburn, a weapons expert and ballistics specialist that works along side S.T.A.R. Labs.

"I never seen a metal like this," Jennet informs Lois as she places the bullet under the microscope.

Lois stares at the screen that's enlarging the bullet, "Well, Who can find out what it is?" Lois asks.

"No one who'd want too," Jenet says, "Maybe they gave them out to the rebels to test,"

"Using live soldiers as guinea pigs?"

A smile forms on Jenet's face as she turn towards Lois, "And this is what makes you such a good reporter, Stuff like this still shocks you,"

༻✦༺

Lois' heals echo through the mens bathroom.

"Wrong room, miss," Swanwick pipes up after hearing the heals.

Busy washing his hands, Swanwick looks through the mirrors reflection to see Lois Lane.

"Secretary Swanwick, you haven't been returning my phone calls," Lois says.

"Miss Lane, if you like an interview, Major Farris is just outside that door,"

"You're treating me like a stranger?" Lois questions,

"I'm treating you like a reporter," Swanwick says back.

"Alright. Is the US providing experimental military arms to rebels in Africa?"

"You know with balls like yours, you belong in here...Who's your source on this? A tin foil hat?" Swanwick rolls his eyes, he begins to make his way out the bathroom door.

"No, not tin, but it's metal," Lois says holding up the plastic bag containing the bullet, Swanwick quickly searched her memories, revealing that Sarah had found the bullet in Lois' Journal.

"Fired in the Superman incident. Experts at the Pentagon can't ID it. We haven't been told the truth,"

"Here's the truth," Swanwick began, "A reporter got greedy for a scoop and went where she shouldn't have. Freedom and Superman acted like some...rogue combatants in order to rescue her and people died. Don't invent a conspiracy theory to put back Their halo's. Or yours,"

Lois stares as his back turns towards her, "I know who you are, J'onn," Lois says. 

Swanwick hides his shock very well, "And I know you only mentioned that to get in my head, Good day, Ms. Lane,"

He walks away, greeting Major Graves on his way out.

༻✦༺

Clarah's Appartment

"J'onn," Sarah says startled, "Now, I understand how people feel when I appear out of no where," She mumbles.

Swanwick's eyes turns red

 And his voice gets deeper, "You had no right to tell Lois Lane about my identity,"

Sarah closes her eyes in defeat, "You're right, I'm sorry," She apologies.

His voice calms, "She used that information against me today,"

"I'll talk to her about it. Human's 'can' be trusted, J'onn, we're not all bad," Sarah says sincerely.

"The more time I spend as Calvin Swanwick, the less time I have to face what I've lost,"

Sarah frowns, "And what did you loose?"

"Everything. I'm the sole survivor of Mars...My identity as Calvin Swanwick-" Swanwick trails on, "Let's just say, I'm better off human. If I reveal myself to the world, The way you and Superman did?" Swanwick questions, "Another Alien, another being that can cause destruction? I'm not welcome in this form," Swanwicks appearance changes, to that of a green martian,

 If I reveal myself to the world, The way you and Superman did?" Swanwick questions, "Another Alien, another being that can cause destruction? I'm not welcome in this form," Swanwicks appearance changes, to that of a green martian,

"You shouldn't be afraid to show who you really are," Sarah says.

"A little hypocritical, Hiding in your apartment? asking me to bend the rules and get you an identity,"

Sarah thought for a second, "I'd rather not be dissected....I'm assuming 'person from another Earth' trumps 'Alien' on those standards," she replies jokingly then gets serious, "I hope one day you'll be able to reveal your true self to this earth, as you did in front of me,"

     "It seems your earth would be more forgiving to beings like me...I hope you find a way home,"

Sarah blinks Watching him turn towards the balcony.

"I can do it now,"

He turns back around, "Do what?" Swanwick questions.

She smiles before saying, "Make a connection with someone's mind and teleport to where they are. I never Thank'd you for bringing that into light,"

Swanwick gave her a short nod, "No need. I saw it in your mind, an unlock-able potential that you didn't even know was possible," Swanwick trails on, a thought comes to his mind and before he could stop himself the words escaped his lips, "Is your birthday really coming up or was it randomly chosen?"

"The date's real, the year on-the-other hand, is off by a few decades,"

"Well," Swanwick pipes up, "Happy almost birthday, just in case we don't see each other before then,"

He soon leaves, disappearing through the double doors leading out to the Apartment's Balcony.