𝓕𝓪𝓻𝓶𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓮𝓭

*Imagine you are riding in the school bus to get home after school. But Farmer Ted decides to keep you company along the way.*

School is finally done for the week (it's Friday!). You choose to sit with this one girl who may have something wrong with her jaw (she's wearing some kind of headgear). But she's kind, so you decide to do that. As the students start clearing out of the school bus, there's this particular boy who casually comes up to you.

You look up at him...he looks like the boy that your friend Samantha Baker had talked about a couple times before. He flirts with her, and you've witnessed it happen. He smiles at you, but it's like he's trying to hit on you or make a move...whatever that may be. "Can I help you?" You ask him, wondering why he's blessed you with his presence (🙄). He says nothing, he just takes a seat across from you.

"I-I think he likes you" the girl sitting beside me says. You turn your head to look at her, and you show a disgusted expression on your face. "He's a geek! Not to mention a flirt!" You whisper to her. You turn your head to gaze back at him, only to find that he is staring at you. Raising his eyebrows and acting like a cool guy who gets all the girls by being flirtatious. "What?!" You ask him, with a hint of annoyance in your voice. "I know you. You're Sam's friend" he says to you.

"Uh huh" you say like he is "Captain Obvious". "Hold up, honey. No need to get sassy with me" he casually says. "Don't call me honey again" you say to him, you start feeling real annoyed by Ted now. "Chill. Chill" he says, not wanting to piss you off. "I think this is your stop" you say to him, hoping he'd fall for the trick and leave you alone. But he looks out the window, and realizes that you did trick him. He looks back at you with a smirk on his face.

"You're not getting rid of me" he says. "Maybe not, but I'll have Sam and my other pals show you who's boss" you threaten him. He looks at you surprised, he then looks away from without saying another word. "Listen, I swear I don't mean any harm whatsoever. I just think you're pretty cool" he says, but it's not like he trying to be an ass or play it cool now. You begin feeling a little bad for snapping at him.

"But you flirt with a bunch of girls at school. I'm sure even out in public too" you say to him, without looking at Ted. "To be honest...I only do that for attention. W-well also because I'm apart of a group where-" he starts talking about his buddies from school. But you interrupt him. "I've seen you with them. You guys really are nerds" you say, giggling a little bit. You do find him to be kind of humorous and cute. But with your friends, it's kinda had an impact on you.

"Listen, Ted...I don't mean to come across as a bitch or anything. It's just, hanging out with Sam...it kinda made me start turning into an edgy person. Especially around nerds, because she is" you admit to Ted. "I understand...I mean...I can relate" he says to you. Perhaps you and Ted have some things in common with each other...if you only could talk to him like this on a regular basis. "Do you want to hangout with me tonight?" You ask him suddenly.

Ted looks at you surprised, but then he shows off a goofy smile. "Of course! What do you want to do?" He asks you. "Appropriate stuff" you say to him, making it clear that you aren't going to fall for that crap. He nods his head and reaches into his backpack for something. He pulls out a piece of paper and a pen. He writes something down, and he hands it to you. "If you can hangout with me later. There's my phone number" he says to you.

"Okay" you say with a smile. You're gonna give it a shot, get to know him better if possible. Hopefully your parents will let you hangout with him. Maybe if you bring a friend with you...who knows. Finally, your stop comes and the bus slows down. "If you can hangout, call me later" Ted says to you as you get up. You nod your head and you grab your backpack. You wave goodbye to the girl who was sitting beside you. "That girl...is the girl I'm after" Ted says to the girl who sat next to you.